The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Launcher CRASH while updating? here this solution has worked for me

catfedfarsil
<SOLVED><FOR ME><HOPE FOR YOU 2>
Hi everybody. After more than a month without accessing the game, yesterday I finally got in.
I have tried EVERY tip, official ( unistall !!!!) and unofficial ( some almost solved, almost..).
The solution involved ANOTHER lan. ( no VPN, in my case, but Mobile HOTSPOT)

Long story short:
1. disconnect the PC lan cable, use PC wifi connect to mobile DATA HOTSPOT
2. Launch, admin mode, the launcher. Let it do things, click the button "UPDATE" or whatever is
3. See it verifying, and START DOWNLOADING ( check it use the wifi hotspot with windows Activity monitor)
4. After a while, in my case more or less 10 gb dowloaded of 55 total ), --> CONNECT the LAN Cable -> wait --> shutdown the hotspot on the mobile, everything WHILE the damned launcher is downloading
5. prey, meditation, a beer, some music...
6. PLAY !!!!! ( Enjoy, after screaming and yelling to ZOS )

My PC have BOTH cabled and WIFI LAN. My guess :
The issue seems to something DNS related, not ISP blocking file, but the DNS resolution of the patching server name, that is to obtain the IP for the name: for some reason, with some isp, some dns does not work. BUT.. once the launcher has acquired via mobile hotspot the correct IP--> DOWNLOAD, nobody blocking nothing ( indeed we were able to manually download the files via browser)

@ZOS, got it ? in my opinion is akai messing with DNS propagation
@ZOS, and please, FIX the damned bug of looping failure logging to crash..poor done.
@ZOS: peace and longevity

@fellowgamers: best luck everybody in need
  • catfedfarsil
    No. Sorry. It doesn't work anymore. Maybe I was lucky to switch to lan at the right time. But donno when it is ... CAZZO