The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loader shuts down at 8% during verification

NauticalNonsense
NauticalNonsense
Soul Shriven
Hello all. I was actually referred to this board by the ESO help agent and I am hoping someone can help. Loader shuts down every time at 8% during verification and I am being told this is an ISP issue but that I should repair game, etc.

I cannot get the loader to do a repair, but I removed the game from my hard drive and re-downloaded it, same exact problem. Appreciate any responses from anyone who has endured this sort of thing.
  • DragonMind1st
    DragonMind1st
    ✭✭
    You say you can't get the loader to do a repair, but what exactly happens when you try to do a repair?
    ...it simply doesn't react, you get an error message or what.
  • NauticalNonsense
    NauticalNonsense
    Soul Shriven
    The repair isn't an option. I don't get to loading at all, it's hanging up during verification and under the menu there is no option for repair.
  • DragonMind1st
    DragonMind1st
    ✭✭
    I just checked. In the folder where your ESO are installed, there is a few tools
    ...haven't tried to run any of them, since there is nothing wrong with my installation.

Go into the 'Launcher' sub folder. Here are the names, to help you find/spot them:
    crashapp
    GameConsultant
    launcher_helper (this one based on name, I am not sure how much help it can be)

Try check them out, see if they can help you.
  • NauticalNonsense
    NauticalNonsense
    Soul Shriven
    Finally figured out how to run the diagnostic. It ran and did its thing, and now the loader will actually download, but it's crashing at 14%.

It's just crazy how difficult this game is to run. I run WoW, FF, even Guild Wars no problems but for some reason the ISPs have something against ESO or the way the loader is coded idk.
  • NauticalNonsense
    NauticalNonsense
    Soul Shriven
    So I wanted to put up a post that summarized how the loader problems and the Error 12 that I later encountered were fixed. Just so that anyone who has a problem like this will be able to quickly rectify things. Oh and thank you Meduana for your assistance, I certainly appreciated you taking the time to help.

For whatever reason some of us have an issue that prevents the loader from doing its thing. Not going to get into blame or whatever, but it affects not only the loader hanging up but also the accuracy of the files downloaded. Also the diagnostic doesn't really go through and repair the downloaded files, it just re-downloads the whole thing.

So IF you are having problems as alluded to above, my recommendation is to do what I did:

1. Download a ghost VPN type program.
    2. Set your default server as one of their servers.
    3. Download the game or patch or whatever it is giving you a problem.

Note that most VPN type programs are pay required outside of a small window of usage. Mine was 24 hours which was sufficient to get 'er done.

Anyway hope down the road this helps anyone else who encounters these issues.