The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Personalities that alter combat animation

ezikeo
ezikeo
✭✭✭
One my biggest issue with combat is the animations. It’s weird that we have racial styles for weapons and armor, however each race has the same combat animation. I would totally pay crowns for a personality that changes the combat animation. We be cool if each race was unique. Just the combat stances and only light and heavy attacks.
  • ezikeo
    ezikeo
    ✭✭✭
    If it’s too much to make combat animations for each race, it could be made for each class. I would totally buy.
    Edited by ezikeo on October 14, 2018 6:12PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The animation for each skill needs to be the same. If one character did one action for a specific skill and another character did something totally different for the same skill we would have no idea if we should dodge roll, block or what.

Besides that, it would be to much work to create separate animations for every race. It would be a ton of work just to create one full set of separate animations for everything. But it is the first reason why this will not happen.
  • ezikeo
    ezikeo
    ✭✭✭
    It’s only for the combat stance and light & heavy attacks.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah one time my character bugged when I switched from my destro to my greatsword and my character was holding the GS like the destro down and to the side: I posted it on my twitter and ever since then I always wanted him hold the sword like this when he was walking and running. Looked awesome.
    Edited by JadonSky on October 24, 2018 4:20PM
  • ezikeo
    ezikeo
    ✭✭✭
    I had an instances where I was using the “assassin” personality and while I was duel wielding swords, the animation for running and walking had my character hold his weapons differently. It was amazing, I’ll post a screen shot later today.
  • ezikeo
    ezikeo
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go, the first ones are from the "Assassin" personality and the last ones are from the "Thief" personality. I can post a video of them later if you guys want.

Assassin Personality

unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Thief Personality

unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png