The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Describe: Average PVP’er

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Sometimes we let our passions for balancing get the best of us and we lose sight of the need to balance the game around the average.

How would you describe the average PVP’er?

Please keep the conversation civil and respectful!
  • Aeschere3
    Aeschere3
    ✭✭✭
    Usually I see people in medium to large groups. Lone players and players in pairs or threes often join in with large groups they see. This excludes gankers, of course. They're usually alone or with one or two other friends.
    ZOS please give Maormer skin
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the turning point from Noob to Average was teaching myself to solo a resource.

When I was new, resources kicked my butt. Once I could solo a resource, it didnt matter if my friends werent on to play with me because there was always something I could do on the map.

As a general term, I would say an average PVPer in Cyrodiil can: find a fight on the map, have some battlefield awareness during a fight, can use appropriate siege weapons, and has a PVP build suited for how they fight.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 13, 2018 7:31PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A player that loves large scale, build tanky or love to gank and some of them are prone to t bagging/emoting you after xv1ing you. The best one is the person who didn’t even get a hit in.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something killed me so i'm gonna go to the forums and demand nerfs...
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Something killed me so i'm gonna go to the forums and demand nerfs...

Those are the "I think I'm a god so anything that kills me is OP and everyone else must have a problem with it too" segment of average players. Nor is that mentality limited to average players.

I was always the type of average player who knew I was average and so wasn't surprised when I died
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You :)
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    The game is being balanced for the average pvper already. thats why every patch small scale gets nerfed and zergs get buffed.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew

Po ta to
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the current eso? The average skill levels of a pvper is very low now.

It's a 30k hp person in a group/ zerg that either spams 1 skill at you or light/ heavy attack spams you.

The game is more forgiving than ever so for 2 years~ player were not forced to get better at the game like i was when i first started playing.

If anything the game continuously gets easier for them as every patch seems to close the gap between skilled and non skilled players artificially.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    The floor is almost the roof at this point, I'm getting crushed... Help...
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Average PvP player in a game like this = deluded PvE player
    "Skilled" PvP player in a game like this = deluded PvE player
    Edited by Sylosi on October 14, 2018 9:14AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    A potato
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina nightblade

Source: ZOS balance
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on October 14, 2018 4:43PM
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I predict that, mathematically speaking, the average PvP player is around 550CP. They have approximately 30k Health, 24k Stam and 23k Magicka. They are a combination of classes but skew NB.

Really though, it feels like the average player now runs in a 10+ person group. Everyone seems to have 35k health and the group is half reactive healers. I think this game is bad for my blood pressure.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Look at the bones!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina nightblade

Source: ZOS balance

Beat me to it lol
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (they See Red)

Players that want to kill me because I glow red when they hover the cursor over me. I think the color red is the issue. Maybe if I were Pink or maybe Purple.. ?

Edited by Dojohoda on October 15, 2018 1:09AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    bagon wrote: »
    The game is being balanced for the average pvper already. thats why every patch small scale gets nerfed and zergs get buffed.

It could be argued that these small scale nerfs are justified, really when it comes down to it what's more of an issue balance wise? Your build that can take on 20 players and never drop below 50% hp yet burst someone instantly, or people playing how multiplayer games are meant to be, in a group working together to win? Just because the 20 are worse than you doesn't mean you should win since they have numbers, it's not realistic. Just my opinion though.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    (they See Red)

Players that want to kill me because I glow red when they hover the cursor over me. I think the color red is the issue. Maybe if I were Pink or maybe Purple.. ?

The problem isnt that you're red. Its that the shield over your head is yellow or blue.

:smiley:
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (they See Red)

The problem isnt that you're red. Its that the shield over your head is yellow or blue.

:D I think you are on to something.

WTB: Cheeseburger shield
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I consider myself an average pvp player I do a few bgs in the morning, before the premade get on. Then I do some solo play in open world might join a group to get fast AP.

Skill wise I can kill players I can only 1vX when they are really bad. I die a lot I mean a ton but I'm playing for fun not for all of pvp players to bow down to me. I like small scale solo and zerging aka taking keeps.

A lot of the average pvp players I talk to dont live in pvp they farm, pve, housing even rp. It's only the try hards that solo play 24/7 or ur bad crew, and most of the time most toxic of players that give the average pvper a bad name.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    bagon wrote: »

It could be argued that these small scale nerfs are justified, really when it comes down to it what's more of an issue balance wise? Your build that can take on 20 players and never drop below 50% hp yet burst someone instantly, or people playing how multiplayer games are meant to be, in a group working together to win? Just because the 20 are worse than you doesn't mean you should win since they have numbers, it's not realistic. Just my opinion though.

Realistic wouldn’t be the word. If you know anything about war history and battles you’d know there’s been people that did some crazy things by themselves. Balance would make more sense. Although I don’t agree that just because you have 20 people you should win. If you let one person outplay you and you have 20 people then you deserved to die.

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say an average player is someone who “meta-shifts”. They aren’t good enough to succeed with their main when it’s not on top so they re-roll to whatever is.

Also, “average players” crutch on things like proc sets, poisons, & unmitigated damage because they just can’t be successful otherwise; that would take skill & effort.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *enters cyrodiil*

*hits enter and types /zone*

*"lfg invite please"*

*runs from flag to flag with zerg for maximum AP GAINZZZZZZZ while being brainAFK*
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would consider my self the average player

My DPS is sitting around 23k but I don't have a fine tuned rotation and although I have some great gear my CP is very much built for PvP as that what i play most.

In PvP I'm more surprised by the stuff that kills cos I don't see it

Example I was killed by either a stamplars or stam DK was hard to tell, cos they didn't use class skill

But on my death recap I'm hit by a lethal arrow, critical rush 3 heavy attacks and dizzy swing

I saw the dizzy and critical rush ...

But the arrow he never swapped and 3 heavy attacks ... They take so long to wind up no way he did it in the 2.1 seconds it took to kill me

I can't cry NERF cos it's just a combination of animation canceling and lag

Your average players understand this

The problem is you unaverage player

Those who are worse then they believe they are
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    salty.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (they See Red)

:D I think you are on to something.

WTB: Cheeseburger shield

Wp9Jxbo.jpg
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein