The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changing the trait of an set

Alliantie
Alliantie
I don't have the clockwork dlc nor enough transmition stones. How much would it cost to let someone else change the traits for me? Ps4 na

Best Answers

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You just need access to a someone elses house that has the station. Most large guilds have a main house that has all the stations and things like that in the game.

Also, you know that if you transmute something, it becomes account bound, meaning you can't trade it, right?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 13, 2018 8:38AM
    Answer ✓
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get transmutation stones from for example battlegrounds, rewards for the worthy (pvp mail), daily random dungeon and stuff
    PC-EU @lientier
    Answer ✓
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    I think transmutting an item binds it to your account, that means you won't be able to have someone else do it. But if you do what they said above, you should be good yourself.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
    Answer ✓
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alliantie wrote: »
    I don't have the clockwork dlc nor enough transmition stones. How much would it cost to let someone else change the traits for me? Ps4 na

I dunno how it works on your server but most trading guilds have a guildhall and most guildhalls (not just crafting ones) have a transmute station. They're basically a minor luxury that most guilds like to have. Ask your friends or in a zone if anyone can get you access to a Transmute Station.

Or better still, earn the 1250 writ vouchers needed to buy your own.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, be sure at least one character knows the trait itself to transmute it.

If you don’t have the trait researched you can’t change it to that trait.
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    In addition, be sure at least one character knows the trait itself to transmute it.

If you don’t have the trait researched you can’t change it to that trait.

If you're stuck, you can create a new alt, start researching the one trait on the one item you need, consume a single 1-day research scroll that costs just a few writ vouchers, and you are done; ready to rock and roll. After you transmute your gear, you can either delete the alt or keep it around as a mule. In any event, the whole process takes only 5 minutes if you don't waste time in the character creation screen.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)