Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ideas for new alt

qbit
qbit
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve had one toon since I started a few months ago. An altmer magsorc. I’d like to start a couple more alternates to level their crafting and horse before I start playing them a lot. That will be a while from now. What are some top class/race combinations to make?

I’d probably stick with damage dealers for now. I don’t feel ready to tank or heal. But open to suggestions there.

I’m just going to make these alts so they’re ready to go in a few months after I tire of my magsorc main. I don’t want to fill all my slots right now. Just make a couple new characters.

What does the community recommend for class/race combos to make today? For a newbie damage dealer mostly focused on PvE. But also not totally useless in PvP.

Not trying to chase metas here. Which is why I’m asking advice here and not google. Thanks all for your input.
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    The answer is any combo that looks interesting to you. Unless your chasing the meta, and you claim no to be, any race can play any class for dps. The only time the match ups become an issue is when you are playing at the elite level and looking to gather every advantage possible.

You play a MagSorc try a stamina toon next time. StamSorc, StamBlade, StamDK, StamDen and as much as I hate them, StamPlar. Shake it up and play in their face.

You play an Altmer (eww) then play an Orc, Argonian or even (shudder) a Khajiit.
    Edited by Caleb_Kadesh on October 12, 2018 4:26PM
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, sounds like stamblade is next on my list. I’m not chasing the meta as they say, but I don’t want to make and level an obviously silly class/race combination. Mainly want to be sure the racial passives compliment the class. I’ll do some googling but wanted community opinion to get started.
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton is my choice for all things magicka PVP. They have a 1% AP gain as a racial passive and good spell resist.

I like my Imperial stamblade also. Not the meta race but works well with my tanky brawler WW setup.

Stamina Warden is super fun! Mine's Redguard but so many races would work well with that. Dark elf has bonuses to mag, stam, and ice. Redguard is stamina sustain master.

Magblade is one of my fave's. Mine is Argonian but, Breton or Dark Elf would be good, too.

Too many awesome combos, lol.

PS4 NA