The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Whenever I see "Limited Time Only" now...

Ri_Khan
Ri_Khan
✭✭✭✭✭
giphy.gif

And boy, do I get to see it every single time I open the launcher! I guess this is what happens when marketing backfires.

Suckers are really still falling for this?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get tempted by “limited time only”, I just buy the things I’d want regardless
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything seems to be limited time now. Well the jokes on them. Over a long enough period of time, everything becomes limited.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    And boy, do I get to see it every single time I open the launcher! I guess this is what happens when marketing backfires.

Suckers are really still falling for this?

Considering they have been doing limited time only for about 3 years now it seems your message has fallen on deaf ears. Certainly is not affecting the cash flow.

I do not get into the cash shop, but I would expect by now people would understand these threads are pretty much meaningless as the bank account is the loudest forum on these topics.

But heck, if it makes you happy, enjoy.
    Edited by idk on October 11, 2018 1:21AM
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fomo rubbish is a fail because you can't make money off something which isn't there so I also refuse to buy limited time offers unless I really, really want it.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Certainly is not affecting the cash flow.

How would you even know this, or are you just assuming?

It's certainly affecting MY cash flow to them, hence the post.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS... our money is yours for a limited time only. Fix your dang game
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Certainly is not affecting the cash flow.

How would you even know this, or are you just assuming?

It's certainly affecting MY cash flow to them, hence the post.

I pretty much expect Zos figures some will not buy and some will not be able to when they do the limited time sales. However, it is clear Zos is pleased with the revenues from them and that drowns out posts like what is in the OP.

How do I know this? It is a business and this is a normal business practice.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its frustrating
    I want hunters glade. I have so many things to decorate it with
    but this limited time BS makes me frustrated with the game... It goes away the day before pay so what do I do?

Makes me not even wanna bother looking at the crownstore

I buy what I like but when what I like is limited time it doesnt make me want it more. Makes me wanna stop playing the housing aspect etc
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited Time no longer appeals to me now that I realized it actually means "will end up in crown crates at 1/2 price or given away free in an event".
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    Limited Time no longer appeals to me now that I realized it actually means "will end up in crown crates at 1/2 price or given away free in an event".

Exactly this. Just today I was thinking maybe I should have bought the Alinor ringtail pet that was in the store not too long ago, but then I said to myself “Oh well, it will be in crown crates”
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    Problem with Limited Offers is that they will return :P
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care about limited time i just care about what the item looks like.. If i like it i buy it, if not i don't.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..snip..
    I want hunters glade. I have so many things to decorate it with
    but this limited time BS makes me frustrated with the game... It goes away the day before pay so what do I do?
    ..snip..

What you can do to be ready for the next 'limited time' item that you want, is to stock up on Crowns when they go on sale.
    That way you do not pay full price either.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Lake wrote: »

Exactly this. Just today I was thinking maybe I should have bought the Alinor ringtail pet that was in the store not too long ago, but then I said to myself “Oh well, it will be in crown crates”

If you buy crates, then, yeah... but a lot of us don't actually buy them. Yeah, we get free ones, which MIGHT give us the item we want, or we MIGHT get enough gems from the junk to buy what we want. So, for me, buying outright in the CS makes more sense, since I don't gamble on getting the item I want from a crate, or buying a bunch of other stuff I don't want to earn enough gems to get the item I do want.

Back to topic - Limited time doesn't make me want something more (or less). If it's something I want, I buy it, regardless of whether it's limited-time or not. Now, LT items are usually pricier, so I do factor that in - is this an item I really want at a price I'm willing to pay? If the answer is no, I don't buy it. That applies to regular CS items as well.

I guess there are people who just buy them because they're LT, even if they don't like the item or will never use it. But, that's not the case with me. Also, as others have said, they've been doing LT offers since the CS launched, so it would seem they're getting revenue from LT items. That said, I understand the feeling of LT "fatigue" - seeing far more LT items in a month than new "permanent" items being added. That's especially true around the holidays and even more so in October. This month will see a LOT of LT items.

All in all, though, I find that I'm purchasing far less LT items than I used to. That may only be perception, though, as they've definitely stepped up the amount of LT items they put out in a given month, and so I've passed on more LT items than I did in the past. But, the fact that an item is LT doesn't make me automatically not want to buy it, it just makes me think about it more...and more often, I'm passing.