The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS promises medium buff, delivers nerf (I may be wrong lol)

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Evasion change reduces aoe damage now, good for zerglings as usual, hurts solo players aside from VS templar. Nerfs roll dodge. The only thing keeping stam alive. Light has shields, heavy stands there and looks goofy while you try to hurt them, and medium roll dodges.
Edited by ZarkingFrued on October 8, 2018 2:10AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Solo players will benefit from it just as much as “zerglings”
    2. It hasn’t gone live yet. Learn some patience.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

If you know Zenimax, you know that what goes on the PTS basically goes on live. The only way to get Zenimax to see reason is to scream at the top of your lungs.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It effects every class burst combos except nightblades. It's kinda funny actually.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to evasion will just spawn a new meta that de-emphasizes AOE damage and focuses more on direct damage and direct damage DOTs. Pressure can still come from layering multiple sources of AOE damage which will still be effective despite major evasion, especially when the AOE has a debuffs (i.e., defile) and/or triggers DOTS (poison, burning, etc. which can, in turn, trigger status effect damage).

This is not a nerf ... it will just change the meta.
    Edited by Maryal on October 7, 2018 5:30AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If roll dodge only negated damage up to 40% of your health, THAT would be a nerf. You guys have yet to taste the bitter sting of a real nerf.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how I feel about stamblades being able to mitigate %25 of my leap which is my only source of burst and most of my damage.

And you call this a.... nerf?
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my face when people trust zos to balance stuff right:

qceynuK.png
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is the new dawnbreaker? hue hue hue
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »

LOL, I can drop two Incaps, by the time everyone else will drop one Onslaught for the same damage.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not that medium doesnt need more, but this new shuffle with 25% aoe reduction is getting so overlooked. This is huge buff, better than old rng dodge. Steel Tornado makes medium armor joke, this will make it... slightly less so.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Not that medium doesnt need more, but this new shuffle with 25% aoe reduction is getting so overlooked. This is huge buff, better than old rng dodge. Steel Tornado makes medium armor joke, this will make it... slightly less so.

I agree. A huge buff. 25% less damage from all the stuff you can't dodge or cloak.
    Fills the one gap in stamblade defence.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    One hand buffeth, the other nerfeth away
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    The change to evasion will just spawn a new meta that de-emphasizes AOE damage and focuses more on direct damage and direct damage DOTs. Pressure can still come from layering multiple sources of AOE damage which will still be effective despite major evasion, especially when the AOE has a debuffs (i.e., defile) and/or triggers DOTS (poison, burning, etc. which can, in turn, trigger status effect damage).

This is not a nerf ... it will just change the meta.

So you're saying that because aoe damage was nerfed by evasion changes people will be forced to change meta, then you say it's not a nerf? I'm just confused now. If its it's not a nerf, then why change meta? Maybe you could have just said, "yeah it's a nerf and will change the meta." instead you were resigned to proving someone else wrong in some way and displaying superiority which in the end just led to you leaving a self contradicting comment that really serves no purpose. In some way it's still a nerf, to any medium person who relies on AOE damage output and any medium who relies on the %15 dodge chance.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on October 7, 2018 3:53PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how I feel about stamblades being able to mitigate %25 of my leap which is my only source of burst and most of my damage.

Guess I'm looking at it from a stamplar perspective as you are a draginknight perspective, its gonna make killing medium much harder for my medium stamplar who uses jabs, but you all make a good point, 25% less AOE will be pretty effective for staying alive in medium, but at the same time is gonna hurt your overall playing if you rely on AOE damage yourself. Though still %15 chance to simply miss that massive direct damage attack that would wreck you was nice. We will see, seems most damage I take that kills me in pvp is direct
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on October 7, 2018 3:49PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

LOL, I can drop two Incaps, by the time everyone else will drop one Onslaught for the same damage.

That's why ZOS really needs to buff Nightblades! That low cost of the ultimate is the reason no one uses it. /s
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Solo players will benefit from it just as much as “zerglings”

And constructive feedback. Merely complaining about something is not really constructive.

With the nerf to shields OP seems to be ignoring and the changes to stam I think stam may be in better shape. 25% AoE damage reduction and able to avoid dodgeable single target skills via active dodge is much better than a 6k shield that will probably be just over 3k in PvP.

Edit: I am not in agreement with what Zos is doing. Mostly because I think their frequent heavy handed changes are bad for the game. They also demonstrate their lack of understanding of how the game works which is why we keep getting such changes so often.
    Edited by idk on October 7, 2018 4:05PM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of stuff counts as an AoE, you know.

Sub assault, ferocious leap, dawnbreaker, hurricane, steel tornado, puncturing jabs. Pretty much every class besides Nightblades & Magsorcs utilise some form of AoE in their core burst rotation.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of stuff counts as an AoE, you know.

Sub assault, ferocious leap, dawnbreaker, hurricane, steel tornado, puncturing jabs. Pretty much every class besides Nightblades & Magsorcs utilise some form of AoE in their core burst rotation.

Guess we shall see what it does since were all forced into running evasion for snare removal cause we need rally heal. Probably gonna switch to heavy on my stamplar anyhow
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a huge nerf for bad players that unintentionally dodged projectiles, and were saved by RNG dodge. It's a huge buff for skillful players.

Great change.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It could be worse. You could be a stamblade and have 100% of your Incaps damage mitigated because you dodged it.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

I've already asked for them to change the refund morph for a cheaper version. 100 Ult should do considering its potency and cost reduction you get as a stam sorc.

Now if they only could make wrecking blow an instant cast then every stam class can be fun to use rather than just stamblades and stamplars.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all should really go test how much it really does in pvp. It's still subject to the same diminishing returns as all other forms of mitigation. Everyone's throwing out 25% this and 25% that.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all should really go test how much it really does in pvp. It's still subject to the same diminishing returns as all other forms of mitigation. Everyone's throwing out 25% this and 25% that.

I wonder where you got the impression that a quarter of damage done to you reduced on paper is not significant in this game? Sure, it maybe calculated so that it isn't full 25% effect but it's still more significant than say what 15% can bring for example. It may be subjected to the diminishing returns but it is still significant.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hasn’t gone live yet. Learn some patience.

3. Hurr Durr Herp Derp
    4. ???????
    5. Profit.
  • xselfish
    xselfish
    90% of my deaths are dawny and spin to win players. This evasion change will hopefully changes that for me personally and change everyone doing the same thing. My 10 dot Stam Dk build is gonna wreck kids even more without that dodge chance.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it was mentioned in another thread that when tested it was calculated before other % based mitigations so it will be the full 25% reduction.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking this so I tried onslaughtvlaat night...it’s buns
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it stack with blade cloak?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    Does it stack with blade cloak?

@Ender1310 No, evasion has been changed to AoE mitigation & blade cloak has been changed to give Major Evasion.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Ender1310