The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please consider separate cells for Psijic Villa

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Huge thanks to ZOS for this reward and organising such a super community event.
I was wondering though, given that the Villa hasn't been released yet if it was not too late to make a change and have this house as two cells with a 700 limit inside and 700 limit outside.
It would certainly make me buy more furniture packs!
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a bad idea actually. I for one would not mind an extra loading screen upon entering the actual building from the garden/outside area, if it would mean double the furnishing slots.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With this, the largest house to date, I could not agree more.
    I would gleefully take a longer loading screen to get inside in exchange for 700 inside, and 700 outside
    This isn't the same as a normal crown exclusive house. You're giving us this amazing house for free. So there is no need to worry about backlash from unhappy buyers.
    And I suspect, sales of the crown furnishing packs and furnishings purchased in the house editor will skyrocket if we had twice the usual space. Azura knows we could use the item slots, especially in the Villa.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is actually a pretty acceptable and interesting way to possible increase the housing items limit.

A small price to pay.

Khajiit considers this worthy of consideration - although of course she knows not the cogs and sprockets hiding behind the scenes yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is a very good idea, and probably the only way you could furnish it nicely. As it is now half the house will be completely naked, or it will be sparsely furnished as a whole.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    There’s no way this is the biggest house. Unless you specifically mean the physical structure? But even then, I’m pretty sure Hunding’s or the Chateau have it beat. Princely Dawnlight and Pariah’s, too, probably. I’m gonna have to look at them all again to be sure.
    Edited by weedgenius on October 2, 2018 9:37AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    There’s no way this is the biggest house. Unless you specifically mean the physical structure? But even then, I’m pretty sure Serenity Falls or the Chateau have it beat. Princely Dawnlight and Pariah’s, too, probably. I’m gonna have to look at them all again to be sure.

princely dawnlight is about same size I think. Serenity falls - not even close.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    weedgenius wrote: »
    There’s no way this is the biggest house. Unless you specifically mean the physical structure? But even then, I’m pretty sure Serenity Falls or the Chateau have it beat. Princely Dawnlight and Pariah’s, too, probably. I’m gonna have to look at them all again to be sure.

princely dawnlight is about same size I think. Serenity falls - not even close.

Is Falls the one I’m thinking of? With the big tower and the fountain and the beach and all the upper walkways?

Edit- Oops that’s the Palatial hall right? Edited my first post. Pretty sure I remembered that one having a lot of space in the structure itself but maybe not
    Edited by weedgenius on October 2, 2018 9:38AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By largest I am referring to the most decoratable space. The gardens not just outdoor area (like Grand Topal) it is flat, in most cases paved courtyard with additional ruins that could also be decorated.
    The interior is of course huge as well, and easily matches the princley dawnlight palace, without the pain of a warren like maze for the interior.

In total, the flat square footage of the Villa exceeds any other house, hands down.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In total, the flat square footage of the Villa exceeds any other house, hands down.

Isnt this subjective to the person? Some of us wouldnt decorate paved areas with anything more than benches, lanterns, and fountains. I wouldnt put greenery or anything of the like there.

To me this has some of the smallest yard to date. (Estate wise the largest yard is likely Grand Topal.)

Not saying Im not for the multi-cell idea, it circumvents housing cap very nicely for those like Princely Dawnlight or for those of us who really like libraries.
    Edited by Kittytravel on October 2, 2018 1:22PM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I confess I may be wont to exaggerate, but after touring all the big houses on PTS, the Villa is definitely on par with other houses that have extensive outdoor areas.

I think we can all agree though that having more item count available in the Villa would not go amiss with anyone.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great idea, @Zypheran !

Botanical garden on the outside? Check.
    Massive library on the inside? Check.

Not doable without inside/outside being separated.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised any home with instanced interiors doesn't already do this (I mean I know they don't, it's just surprising ZoS set it up that way). It would really make sense for the Villa, to be sure. Enthusiastic agreement here!
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea. I have been thinking with 700 slots I will only be able to decorate PART of the front yard...
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this has been considered? Can it be done?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BillE
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good idea!
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    That would be fantastic. Have often thought it would be a way to get around the tech limits of extra item slots (area zoning within houses). :smile:
  • AuraKoimizu
    AuraKoimizu
    ✭✭
    I hope they consider this!
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get this on all houses with an inside and outside?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Can we get this on all houses with an inside and outside?

I would like that too but problem is, if you do this on existing homes where people have paid gold or crowns is that you will inevitably get somebody who doesn't like the load screen trade-off and insist that they want their money back!
    I think by proposing this for a free house BEFORE it comes out might actually avoid this potential can of worms while also solving the item limit in what is arguably the toughest house to decorate with 700 items.

Here's hoping somebody in ZOS considers this :)
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Art department changes nothing after it’s gone live (and this has gone live enough). Some players might not like the change you suggest. I don’t agree with that logic and I agree with you, but I learned this is ZOS policy regarding art changes in this game. They’ve officially stated it.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    Art department changes nothing after it’s gone live (and this has gone live enough). Some players might not like the change you suggest. I don’t agree with that logic and I agree with you, but I learned this is ZOS policy regarding art changes in this game. They’ve officially stated it.

No art change would be required. You just change the connections on the main door. Instead of linking it with the interior that is in the same cell, you copy the interior to a different cell and link the door to there. Visually nothing has changed and no artwork changes
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »

Some people won't like more slots for a free house? Really? :smiley:

The villa is my favourite house in the game, but after visiting it yesterday on live, I realise now how huge it is, especially the exterior. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but for so much space even 2x350 slots is not enough!

Consider the edges of the island, where the devs put many details, like stairs, waterfalls, shallow waters, gardens and so on. Those places are great, and it will be a pity to leave them empty. I would like to decorate those areas to feel more life like.

The inside feels large due to the high ceiling, but it is not much different in size than other similar villas (inside).

Having two connected houses in one would be awesome (then you could port inside or in the courtyard)

In the end I want to say that all these are just suggestions, I am quite happy with this gift as it is
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to have another load screen if it means I can decorate both inside and out. As it is, I'm probably going to decorate the garden and leave the inside bare.
    Tank Girl
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a sacrifice i am willing to make
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should do it for all houses. Of course they won't though....

Anyone seen wolfhunter keep? the castle sections are a single cell with EASILY more than 700 items inside. It's doable. Zos is lazy.

Lazy.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    I've been here since beta. I now own 22 homes. 23 with this new one. And I would definetely agree with 2 cell 700 inside / 700 outside idea. Since it already comes with almost 400, that only leaves 300 to do the entire inside and outside. WHAT?? that is not enough to even do the great hall. Serious. Please consider this Zos. We have asked for a long time but at least meet us partway and do this ONE home. Think of the income from store purchases, game subs, and time spent online earning achievements to get more special furnishings. Hmmmm.............
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Everything comes down to infrastructure. Most of the things the deves do in this game is about reducing the demand on servers and IT systems. Most of the time when they add something over here they take something away over there. New patches always come with more nerfs than additions. Only one server upgrade scene beta. But that being said....great idea.