The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf Idea: Werebear Cosmetic Skins

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
As it implies in the title, To see the Wardens Feral Guardian get a skin (slate grey skin) is just cool in a way, but really, something occurred to me.

Wouldn’t it be a great idea to have Werebear Skins for Werewolf Transformation? (Purely cosmetic that have no real impact in the game whatsoever aside from looking like you have a right to “Bear” Arms.) that and it kinda takes me back to one of the Legitimate console mods by the Elder Scrolls V player community (I believe it was ”Moonlight Tales Special Edition - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul.”)

Interestingly, I also thought that Werewolf Transformation’s Morphs could dictate the colour of the werebear, such as the base Ultimate being brown with any eye colour of choice(on Zenimax’s part) a Polar Bear with blue eyes for Pack leader and a Black Bear with Red eyes for Werewolf Berserker.
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people want this.
    It would be like printing money if ZOS made it happen.
    It's very lore-friendly, too.
  • Aeschere3
    Aeschere3
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it would be cool to have a werebear and wereboar option. And werecrocodile for Argonians and werelion for khajit.

Werevultures are also in the lore but I don't see that happening.
    ZOS please give Maormer skin
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant fathom why Zeni hasnt done more with the ability to reskin abilities. If they change the bear then surely they could do thia for other skills.
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    I was proposing something like this quite some time ago. Anyhow, polymorphs for transformation would be awesome :)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild flea collars
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Guild flea collars

Werewolves don’t get fleas, they get werefleas.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant fathom why Zeni hasnt done more with the ability to reskin abilities. If they change the bear then surely they could do thia for other skills.

I'm surprised they didn't. When they gave wardens an alternate bear colour I thought it basically testing and/or demonstrating the tech and we'd see more skins available through the same system. Maybe other options for the warden pet (I'd love a big cat or a wolf instead of a bear) and skins for sorcerer pets.

And werewolf skins would be a great addition to that. As well as werebears they could add all the other werebeasts mentioned in lore and occasionally seen in other TES games. Maybe not the weresharks since I kind of like the uncertainty over whether they actually exist, and I'm not sure they'd be very practical on land. Maybe not werevultures and werebats either since I think they're supposed to be capable of flight. But werebears, wereboars, werelions etc. could all be options.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They would make so much money having special skins for werewolves and vampys. Thought it would be great if one was included as an achievement skin. :)
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    Werebears, wereboars, werevultures, werelions, werebats, werewolves of different colors..ect. All of it could be done.

It's odd that they -haven't- done more with the reskin thing, I agree.

Also yes, Weresharks do NOT exist. All the rest are confirmed in a lorebook as existing but Weresharks are implied to be a joke among scholars. Like "Oh yeah we've ALL seen one.. don't know why you haven't Joe! They're real scary! Scariest of them all.. for sure.. Mmhm."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhoande wrote: »
    Werebears, wereboars, werevultures, werelions, werebats, werewolves of different colors..ect. All of it could be done.

It's odd that they -haven't- done more with the reskin thing, I agree.

Also yes, Weresharks do NOT exist. All the rest are confirmed in a lorebook as existing but Weresharks are implied to be a joke among scholars. Like "Oh yeah we've ALL seen one.. don't know why you haven't Joe! They're real scary! Scariest of them all.. for sure.. Mmhm."

My understanding is that the existence of weresharks is uncertain. Some people claim to have seen them, but they're generally pirates and fishermen who aren't considered reliable sources by scholars so their stories are often dismissed.

But considering various scholars have made the same mistake with the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild, dragons, dragonbreaks, stone buildings in Black Marsh, alfiq and all kinds of other things which actually do exist in Tamriel we can't know if it's just scholars being narrow-minded and elitist or if it actually is fishermen telling tall tales to justify losing their boats.

We know for a fact werewolves, werebears and wereboars exist because they've appeared in the games (werewolves in all of them I think, werebears in Skyrim and wereboars in Daggerfall - you could even become a wereboar).

Werebats appear in ESO but I don't think we ever seem them transform and they're not affected by Fighters Guild skills the way werewolves are, so I feel like they could be a bit less certain - they could 'just' be gigantic bats.

Werecrocodiles and werelions seem to be treated as fact in lore books, but they haven't appeared in any of the games and since they only appear in Black Marsh and Elsyweyr respectively I'm still kind of sceptical they're not just large argonians and khajiit. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did exist.

If I remember correctly there's some uncertainty over whether werevultures are creatures of Hircine like the other lycanthropes, or something to do with the Wild Hunt - possibly bosmer who retained their ability to transform after the hunt was over. But either way there are records in lore which are considered reliable.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not run any characters as a werewolf, but if the ability to reskin the werewolf form, i would do it in a heart beat to try it out
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a great idea, and I'd certainly love to see it, but the given the amount of work that would be necessary to make the new mesh, textures, animations for all of the skills, probably new sounds... its a lot more work than just a retexture of an existing mesh. If we see anything, eventually, it will probably just be some cosmetic skins to change the werewolf textures to a different color, like what they did for the Warden's bear companion. Maybe a similar one for the wolves as well.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot express in mere words my pleasure at the thought of having a Warden with a bear mount, a Combat bear, a non-Combat bear cub and a Selene's spectral bear also becoming a werebear with the ability to summon more bears.

I might just die of sheer ursine delight.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While an interesting idea, it is likely not an easy idea to implement. It would likely require adding an entire new field into the database and much more which could end up being very complicated.

if it is somewhat complicated that could sink the idea, not just for the actual work but the increased chance it would work poorly and require additional work trying to figure out the bugs.

Only Zos would know of course. If it is not a big deal to add I expect they would like the additional crown store revenue.
  • Forvet
    Forvet
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    While an interesting idea, it is likely not an easy idea to implement. It would likely require adding an entire new field into the database and much more which could end up being very complicated.

if it is somewhat complicated that could sink the idea, not just for the actual work but the increased chance it would work poorly and require additional work trying to figure out the bugs.

Only Zos would know of course. If it is not a big deal to add I expect they would like the additional crown store revenue.

How does the Hulk-Wolf work then? Isn't that a skin for the werewolf transformation? I've been yearning to get it, but I am terrible at dungeons, so I don't actually know.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, I'd just settle for a transformation that shows my petite female wood elf is not some hulking male-looking were! Were are the the cute-but-deadly FEMALE werewolf tranformations?!