The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck at "Requesting Login.."

CHM228
CHM228
✭✭✭
o60uzdasivzr.png

I have non-steam account and i've linked it to my new game copy (steam).

when i try to login through steam, the game stucks at "requesting login.."
I can log in to my account without steam though, so it seems like only steam has this problem.

I can't give it up because i bought 1 month of eso plus on steam :(
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 25, 2023 9:35PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Please try closing ESO and the ESO launcher. Open the ESO launcher again and run a repair. You may be missing an update preventing you from logging in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Please try closing ESO and the ESO launcher. Open the ESO launcher again and run a repair. You may be missing an update preventing you from logging in.

Yes i already repaired launcher twice but no luck.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @CHM228

Clearing out the program data folder may help if running a repair hasn't. The steps for doing so are below.
    1. Navigate to the folder where the ESO Launcher is installed.
    2. Locate the folder titled ProgramData and delete it.
    3. In the folder where "ProgramData" was located, find the files "host.developer.Xlog" ("X" will be a number) and delete all of them except the one without a number (it should just be "host.developer.log").
    4. Restart the ESO Launcher and see if the issue persists.
    Staff Post
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    @CHM228

Clearing out the program data folder may help if running a repair hasn't. The steps for doing so are below.
    1. Navigate to the folder where the ESO Launcher is installed.
    2. Locate the folder titled ProgramData and delete it.
    3. In the folder where "ProgramData" was located, find the files "host.developer.Xlog" ("X" will be a number) and delete all of them except the one without a number (it should just be "host.developer.log").
    4. Restart the ESO Launcher and see if the issue persists.

That solution does not work for me. It's still stuck at "requesting login.."
    I submitted support ticket but i have not heard any response since 1 day ago. What happened on customer support?
  • DarthVitrial
    DarthVitrial
    ✭✭
    Same issue here. I've tried everything marked in this thread - launcher repair, rebooting, forcing a check for an update, deleting the logs, removing all addons, everything. I use the Steam version.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @CHM228

Customer support has gotten your most recent reply on ticket #181001-001237 and will reply back shortly.

@DarthVitrial

If you have already went through the troubleshooting listed above, please start a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • DarthVitrial
    DarthVitrial
    ✭✭
    I did submit a ticket yesterday, no reply yet.
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, It seems like I can't not link the account properly.

ZOS support team unlinked my account from steam, So i can link my account again.

But after submit my account info on account link page in game, It's gives me "unexpected internal error.."

After that, i can not login again with same problem (Requesting login...)

Now i'm re-installing steam version of eso now, to see what happens. wish me luck.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    An "Unexpected Internal Error" can happen if you have a faulty file in your game. If re-installing ESO does not help, there are troubleshooting steps for this error in the help article below.

Unexpected Internal Error has occurred

Specifically you may want to try renaming the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup" before running a repair.
    Staff Post
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    An "Unexpected Internal Error" can happen if you have a faulty file in your game. If re-installing ESO does not help, there are troubleshooting steps for this error in the help article below.

Unexpected Internal Error has occurred

Specifically you may want to try renaming the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup" before running a repair.

Unfortunately, that one is not working too.. I think it's because of family sharing, but i need to see what to do.
    Any idea about family sharing and this problem's related matter?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @CHM228

We've sent you a message about your recent support ticket pertaining to this issue.
    Staff Post
  • doc_ketamine
    doc_ketamine
    ✭✭✭
    OP, please share what they've found. Others are having this issue. Thanks.
  • Begun27
    Begun27
    Soul Shriven
    Having this issue nowadays also, what should i do? The solutions didn't make it work still :disappointed:
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now over 5 years old, we have decided to close the discussion. If you still need help, please go ahead and start a new thread in the PC Support forum.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.