The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Looking for a food recipe?

sola281
sola281
Anyone know where to find the food recipe for CAPON TOMATO-BEET CASSEROLE?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, I found that one in either Cyrodiil or Imperial City. It's probably other places, also.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • sola281
    sola281
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, I found that one in either Cyrodiil or Imperial City. It's probably other places, also.

Was it from a vendor or specific quest?

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which server and platform are you on traveller?

This one belives she may recently have sold a couple of this very recipe but can check to see if any remain in the vaults at Castle Claws.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sola281 wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Was it from a vendor or specific quest?

No, it was in a container or backpack .......no quest involved.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    It occasionally drops in normal provisioning writ boxes for top tier, and occasionally can be found in open world (but only by a top tier/level character). Otherwise, you might have to buy it from a guild store. Unfortunately, it's going to be expensive. Not much way around that.

@Alassirana
    Sneakybo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the best luck finding the top tier purple recipes by running the Vvardenfell urns (also Traitor's Vault before the wardrobe nerf) on a character with maxed provisioning passives.

Daily provisioning writs can drop them, but the chance is infinitesimally low because:
    • The recipe you get as a reward is leveled based on the food required for the writ - which is only CP100-CP140 half the time
    • If you actually get a CP150-CP160 recipe, there are a lot more green and blues than there are purples
    • If you get a purple recipe, there's a 50% chance of it being a drink and not a food
    • If you are lucky enough to get the food, there's 4? possibilities (longfin pasty, venison pot roast, jugged rabbit, tomato beef capon) so you only have a 25% of it being the right one

That's a lot of RNG to make it past!

At least with looting containers, I'm pretty sure it will always be a CP150-CP160 recipe which automatically doubles your chances.... at least from my personal experiences.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I've had the best luck finding the top tier purple recipes by running the Vvardenfell urns (also Traitor's Vault before the wardrobe nerf) on a character with maxed provisioning passives.

Daily provisioning writs can drop them, but the chance is infinitesimally low because:
    • The recipe you get as a reward is leveled based on the food required for the writ - which is only CP100-CP140 half the time
    • If you actually get a CP150-CP160 recipe, there are a lot more green and blues than there are purples
    • If you get a purple recipe, there's a 50% chance of it being a drink and not a food
    • If you are lucky enough to get the food, there's 4? possibilities (longfin pasty, venison pot roast, jugged rabbit, tomato beef capon) so you only have a 25% of it being the right one

At least with looting containers, I'm pretty sure it will always be a CP150-CP160 recipe which automatically doubles your chances.... at least from my personal experiences.

You know I was just looking at my bank inventory and I notice that none of my food for the tier under 150cp has been used at all in weeks. I think they may have fixed the provisioning writs so you only have to turn in the max tier at max provisioning instead of doing half and half. It may also explain why I have been getting more of the max purple recipes lately instead of the crap ones.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »

You know I was just looking at my bank inventory and I notice that none of my food for the tier under 150cp has been used at all in weeks. I think they may have fixed the provisioning writs so you only have to turn in the max tier at max provisioning instead of doing half and half. It may also explain why I have been getting more of the max purple recipes lately instead of the crap ones.

That would be a nice stealth change if they did. I keep all my pre-made food in my characters' inventories rather than the bank, so I will have to make a note of the current stock and track it to see if you're right. I seem to recall getting several green CP150 recipes the last week with no CP100-140 ones though, so you might be onto something.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• sola281
    sola281
    Which server and platform are you on traveller?

This one belives she may recently have sold a couple of this very recipe but can check to see if any remain in the vaults at Castle Claws.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I'm on the [PC/Mac] North-American Megaserver, using a windows PC

Thank