The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vma Stage 7......

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Been farming a maelstrom lightning staff before my main toon is useless next patch

Can we just all agree that the poison flowers... mushrooms....pots...whatever should not be allowed to go off during the giant lizards scream?

Like really theres no skill involved in this, its PURE rng if the one shield bubble person that you intended to leave up happens to just walk sorta by one of these before the scream

you followed all the mechanics... killed the one tiny lizard, got in the bubble had the bubble dude away from the boss to nuke them and BAM flower rng screws you, cant leave the bubble or ya die, cant staying the bubble cuz youll get super poisoned and die. following EITHER of the the mechanics will get you killed

I dont even care if they ever change this, just want us all to be aware that this is a terrible and contradictory design choice.....

im going back to kill the giant lizard now, may rngeebus bless me
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its completely rng lol. Was always the reason my flawless attempts ended but Im done with that now.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update, beat it 2 more tries, first one got a flower death spawn again xD
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rng, and it hates my guts.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Yeah its completely rng lol. Was always the reason my flawless attempts ended but Im done with that now.

never really care about flawless but if i did and got to stage 7 and that was what killed me.... omg my controller would be going thru my tv lmfao

assuming the stage 5 last boss having to get off the ice but instead you actually gotta be like 3 ft off the ice didnt make me do that first
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you die to the flower dot during the scream as a magicka char with decent CP, it's your own fault (this patch) for not shielding.

Also, you can time the scream so that the posion caller does not spawn the flowers right before the scream.

I agree that this mechanic is annoying, but if you don't go for flawless anyways, it should not hinder your farming.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use the alliance war support ulti if you are having too much trouble. The shield one.

Keep it saved for emergency situations.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are actually some ways to avoid the RNG in the scream phase by manipulating the lighting wizard's AI so it stand in a position where no shrooms can spawn.

It's still an extremely stupid mechanic.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just another of those totally stupid applications of RNG. Yes you can wait for the Venomcaller to spawn and kill it before you destroy one of the minders to avoid poison bursts. But does it prevent a random flower from spawning right on the remaining bubble? No.

You can look around and make sure that there are no flowers anywhere near the minder that you choose to spare before you trigger the scream. Does it prevent a random flower from spawning right on the bubble during the scream? No.

It's just like Scalecaller HM. I've lost count of how many times I've died there because two of the 'safe' AoEs are overlapping and one of them stops working. Ice on top of poison. Stone on top of ice. You take one or someone takes one, the other will NOT work even if you're standing right inside of it. You die because bad luck.

This sort of RNG mechanics should be mutually exclusive. They should not be allowed to overlap. It's a big middle finger to players when we've done every thing flawlessly, group coordination, mechanics followed to a T, and then BAM, RNG lottery decides that you lose.

Nothing we can do about it. Walk away, and kiss Lady Luck's backside before trying the next time.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can bash the boss to stop the scream, it makes it a lot easier
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can bash the boss to stop the scream, it makes it a lot easier

This is an evil suggestion :D
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yeah stage 7 is all rng with the poison blooms. I always seem to get poisoned at least once while under the bubble and Lizardman's screaming.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, ignore the bubble and interrupt the boss, it takes a whole lot of the rng out.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, ignore the bubble and interrupt the boss, it takes a whole lot of the rng out.

Umm this is a joke right? If he's interrupted he gets enraged and will 1 shot you anyway. Playing a mobile character helps (VS gear) in clearing out the flowers in vMA. Flawless nowadays has never been hard to get imo even on mag chars.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He only enrages the second time he gets bashed.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have beaten him multiple times interrupting him if the bubble is in the wrong place.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless one spawns literally right under your feet, you can still manage this.

Unless a venom caller spawns (she dies immediately from the scream anyway), you can stand right on the edge of the shield and still be covered.

You can get closer to the plants than you think before triggering them to "pop."

If that's no good, you can step out of the shield/poisons AoE for a quick second and step back in. You should be able to survive one tick of the scream.

It is RNG, you really have to try to hedge your bets by which minder you choose to kill and which you choose to let survive.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goj2u6X.jpg

snKXADe.jpg

Never forget
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Can we just all agree that the poison flowers... mushrooms....pots...whatever should not be allowed to go off during the giant lizards scream?
    OMG - So agree. Absolutely maddening. There is no counter.

Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    goj2u6X.jpg

snKXADe.jpg

Never forget
    That's spit, not AoE from the plants.

That one is very much avoidable.

EDIT: Corrected - too big an AoE to be the spit. Cleansing pool, as noted by Aisle.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on October 1, 2018 12:52PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hu ? Just interrupt him. I do this with all my chars, stamina or magicka, there is absolutely 0 problem.

It's an easy fight if you pay attention to everything.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never tried interrupting actually (since I've always heard it enrages him), but also, just to add to information - you can actually position the remaining minder by yanking with chains / silver leash, so you can have him in the spot free of flowers. I think it only works before he started channeling shield though.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goj2u6X.jpg

snKXADe.jpg

Never forget

Ah, incorrect

That's the clensing pool to remove the poison from the mushrooms

But, hey, honest mistake :)

Edited by Aisle9 on October 1, 2018 12:42PM
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    goj2u6X.jpg

snKXADe.jpg

Never forget

Ah, incorrect

@Aisle9 Fair enough. Looked smaller when I first glanced at it.

I gather that's the game trolling you then, making it respawn right after you die or flat out not working?

Earn it.

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run crushing shock and just interrupt it...
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goj2u6X.jpg

snKXADe.jpg

Never forget

Ah, incorrect

@Aisle9 Fair enough. Looked smaller when I first glanced at it.

I gather that's the game trolling you then, making it respawn right after you die or flat out not working?

That would be the latter

#SpellswordArmy

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bash the mofo if that happens.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Alamakot
      Alamakot
      ✭✭✭
      Flowers should be nerfed and get 1sec casting time, like shields ;)
    • MaxJrFTW
      MaxJrFTW
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      1st time i did VMA it took me 6 hrs, 3 of those 6 hrs were on the last boss of stage 7. The rng there is utterly disgusting.
      "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
      ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    • Soleya
      Soleya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grabmoore wrote: »
      Also, you can time the scream so that the posion caller does not spawn the flowers right before the scream.

Plants spawn on their own as well, no way to time that.

One of my previous attempts at flawless I looked at both of the 2 adds, neither had a poison plant near. I went and killed one, turned around and a plant spawned right next to the other. There was no poison caller up at this point.

Plants can even spawn under the dome while your there and the boss is screaming, and you two options are to die to the plant or leave the bubble and die to the scream.

Sadly it's RNG and not skill that beats that boss with no death.
    • pattyLtd
      pattyLtd
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I run crushing shock and just interrupt it...

Thank you and also to OP for letting me know its still annoying even for the ones that clear it easily.

Just finally beat him after more attempts then im willing to admit.
      I was to focussed about plants and position the menders, because i thought interupt would lead to insta death not sure why but i thought that happen if enraged him but its avoidable.

Hate the poison plants but for me round 6 was a much bigger struggle then 7.

I know most of you consider vma childs play now but i still feel bit proud for progressing through it albeit extremely slow.
      I abandoned the vma quest twice in past last time was when the sustain nerfs happened. So im in a hurry now, haha.
      English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm