The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Betty Netch detecting enemy player in stealth???

felicityslaughter
I was dueling my friend and when I went into stealth I was still fully detected no matter if I used line of sight, or no matter how far away I got from them I couldn't go into sneak. We decided to test it out and found that I could go completely hidden until they took their Betty Netch pet out. Is this a bug or a feature? And if it's a feature then it sucks. (This was on PC/NA)
Edited by felicityslaughter on October 1, 2018 3:53AM
PC/NA
Hello, my name is Felicity, and I'm an ALT-a-holic.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @felicityslaughter :smile: first, on which platform and megaserver do you play TESO? ZOS cannot invesitgate your report without that information. (Please read and folllow the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum.)
    I was dueling my friend and when I went into stealth I was still fully detected no matter if I used line of sight, or no matter how far away I got from them I couldn't go into sneak. We decided to test it out and found that I could go completely hidden until they took their Betty Netch out. Is this a bug or a feature? And if it's a feature then it sucks.
    In my humble opinion, no pet -- a Sorcerer's Daedric familiars are not "pets" -- should ever reveal any character who is stealthed. So, the the situation you describe certainly appears to be a bug.

However, note that a NPC, or a MoB such as a Netch, does have a radius of detection. So they will detect any sleathed character within it. This includes numerous non-hostile creatures, but they usually have only a short detection radius and usually tend to wander away from any stealthed character that they detect. In contrast, however, hostile NPCs and MoBs that detect a stealthed character are likely to attack.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi