The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

An odd thing I wish we could do... (QOL suggestion?)

Geekgirl
Geekgirl
✭✭✭
Many times people have asked about being able to toggle off the the DLCs in dungeon finder.

I kind of wish we had the ability to toggle off the DLCs/Chapters entirely.

For example:

I am a new Plus subscriber and I want to make a new character. I have purchased the most recent aspect of the game and thus have Summerset.

With my sub, I get access to ALL of the DLCs; with the purchase of a Summerset game pack, I have access to the new Summerset Chapter.

I make a new Character and they get immediately put into Summerset, which is the wrong place to begin the story line if you wanted to experience the story from the start.

What I would love to see is this:

Upon character creation, when you select your race/zone/class, I also wish it would give you the opportunity to select whether or not you want to activate the 10% experience bonus and whether or not you want immediate access to the DLCs/new content. (Do you want your character dumped in the Summerset zone or the main zone, or the Morrowind zone?)

These could be toggle boxes, much like the addon toggle boxes, and could be something you could turn on or off at any point during your character's questing.

I also would love to toggle OFF the 10% boost, because, frankly, sometimes people have no desire to level up faster, particularly if they're trying to master a new game or a new skill.
Edited by Geekgirl on September 29, 2018 6:15PM
PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been asking to be able to choose where your character starts since Morrowind was released. Unfortunately ZOS seem to think promoting the newest release to people who have already got it is more important than story continuity.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want my chars to start in the original Coldharbour tutorial. I'd like that as an option/choice on char creation.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Unfortunately ZOS seem to think promoting the newest release to people who have already got it is more important than story continuity.

Summerset introduced the Daedric Vessel concept, which makes time more of an experience than a strict chronology.
    The player is free to choose any path they choose after the short Day One tutorial on their first character.

Continuity would force you to rent all of the content, which is something we're not being forced to do with this approach.
    signing off