The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can my laptop run ESO?

Will16
Will16
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, I have recently brought a Lenovo Yoga 510-14ISK with an i7 processor. I have checked the specs against the "recommended requirements" on the eso website and it fits all of them, however I am unsure as to whether or not the graphics card is powerful enough.
The card I have is an AMD radeon r5 M430. As it is a laptop, I can't upgrade or replace the graphics card (I think?).
Can anyone much better at computers tell me if my laptop will be able to run eso smoothly or not. I'm not too fussed about graphics, I'd just like a smooth fps. I've tried to look online to see if this graphics card is powerful enough, but I can't seem to find any proper information.
Just out of interest, if it's not powerful enough, what would happen if I tried to run it anyway? Would it just have a very low fps, or would it take ages to load or have big lag spikes etc?
Thanks in advance.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found this.......... https://www.quora.com/How-good-is-AMD-Radeon-R5-M430-2-GB

Read all the way down.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Will16
    Will16
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I found this.......... https://www.quora.com/How-good-is-AMD-Radeon-R5-M430-2-GB

Read all the way down.

First, thanks for the quick reply :D
    Where abouts do you mean to read? It's quite a long list of posts, but from what I could tell on there people were saying that it can run older games fine but can't run AAA modern games very well.
    That's what confused me, because surely eso on the lowest graphics doesn't need nearly as much as the modern games does it?
    I get that its a low level graphics card, I just don't really know how low :|
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will, I'm playing on a HP Pavilion DV7 from 2010.

Don't expect 60 fps, and trials will definitely be an issue.

Cyrodiil may also have some funny moments.

But you can.

Potato settings, unless you use a gaming laptop with removable graphic adapters (upgradeable), you won't have exceptional performances, but playing, is definitely playable. Some people might tell you it's not, but, hey, Aussies play with 400ms, so...

Would I advise that ? Hell no, I'd rather use a proper system, but I can't afford one atm, so, here you go.

Keep an eye on the temperature, overheating will be an issue.

Hope this helps.
    Good hunting.

Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect to have cooling issues. That setup should run ESO non-optimally, but will likely run very hot, creating additional performance issues.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Will16
    Will16
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys, guess I'll download it and see what happens :)