The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login issue (resolved, just an FYI for the players - please read)

Kimba_Do
Kimba_Do
✭✭✭
Today I was unable to proceed past the character selection page. The process would simply give me the 'an error has occurred, please try again in a few minutes' box and kick me to the password screen. I checked my system thoroughly, and everything seemed fine...

No sooner had support given me an initial reply I received a notification that an update was ready for my OS (Windows 10). Now, when I checked updates, nothing was showing, however I didn't dig any deeper than just checking the update page. After that notification, it now showed there was the huge Sept. updated in queue. After initializing (read: forcing the start, instead of waiting until it started by itself) the update install, it turned out that this massive thing had been downloading in the background (as normal) but had NOT told me that it was (decidedly not normal).

Once installed, I was able to enter the game normally, which suggests MS had preempted the port(s) necessary for final login to the megaserver.

The TL;DR - if you encounter this issue, go to Windows settings > update and force the update to install, if that option is given. This may take a bit of messing around with the update settings.

A quick note: This update has a major issue that MS isn't really telling us about. If you are short on primary drive disc space, it is very likely you will have a serious issue once the update starts. You need 20-30 gigs free *before* the update starts, so check and take the necessary steps to ensure sufficient disc space lest you end up with a bricked OS.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.