The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Lightning staff with Shock: Charged or Infused?

Shanjijri
Shanjijri
✭✭✭✭
(I add an other option if you want to speak about something else that works for you. I'm always glad to read opinions.)

What do you think it's better to proc Concussion and Off-balance?

Edit: I speak about healer point of view.
Edited by Shanjijri on September 27, 2018 7:48PM

Lightning staff with Shock: Charged or Infused? 25 votes

Charged
32%
hamgatanTheDominionKdkawbernardo24ganj1234selvisFilgolfJayKwellen 8 votes
Infused
44%
Lightspeedflashb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiTanis-StormbinderAboKorSomewhereccfeelingLampXKenndrahmd3788codestripperNerhesi 11 votes
Other
24%
SirDopeyTasearPulqueCompM4sMashmalloManSquawkTheMajestic 6 votes
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Infused backbar, charged front bar.

Infused shock enchant will carry over and hit every 2 seconds, charged only effects the bar that is active so you would want it on front bar for max uptime of the charged trait.

Enchants have 20% chance to proc status effect, + 20% due to destruction staves passive, + 44% from charged = 84% every 2 seconds on front bar.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 27, 2018 7:16PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infused
    Infused backbar, charged front bar.

Infused shock enchant will carry over and hit every 2 seconds, charged only effects the bar that is active so you would want it on front bar for max uptime of the charged trait.

Enchants have 20% chance to proc status effect, + 20% due to destruction staves passive, + 44% from charged = 84% every 2 seconds on front bar.

The only ones that ought to have this set up are healers. DPS needs to run double infused, with a front bar berserk.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I probably forget to tell I speak about a healer point of view... To proc Concussion and Off-balance. ^^

I will add that to the first message.

Thanks for the numbers, always usefull!
    Edited by Shanjijri on September 27, 2018 7:49PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infused
    Shanjijri wrote: »
    Sorry, I probably forget to tell I speak about a healer point of view... To proc Concussion and Off-balance. ^^

I will add that to the first message.

Thanks for the numbers, always usefull!

To this end, infused back bar lightning and front bar charged resto would give you best results.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why a Charged resto?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Shanjijri wrote: »
    Why a Charged resto?

You should be using a resto staff front bar as a healer, no? Charged should be on front bar. Cast blockade infused shock enchant on back bar. Bam 84% proc chance every 2 seconds from only the enchantment on front and 40% chance on backbar.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 27, 2018 8:26PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Infused
    Infused both bars. They changed it so weapon abilities that were cast on the backbar can proc that bar's enchant when you're on your front bar. Backbar enchants do more damage too, meaning they get higher percentage of damage in parses. Also, since a cooldown was added to off balance, you don't need charged to get off balance every 20 seconds or so.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I see! Thanks for the info.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    my main has both in his inventory based on who I get grouped with. For trials infused is generally best but for 4 man content I find charged bugs group dps if I'm the only shock wall of elements in the group
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx