The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

MagNB sustain

Sparr0w
Sparr0w
✭✭✭✭✭
Next patch, with MagNB sustain getting a nerf, would it be better to:
  1. Run an absorb magicka enchant over a shock enchant
  2. Continue running blue food but use 1x Mag Regen glyph
  3. Swap to witchmothers

Looking on UESP with my current setup (full buffed):
  • Current = 15062 effective Spell Power, 930 regen
  • Absorb = 1460 less on the tooltip, but 460 mag return every proc (no minor vuln)
  • 1x Mag Regen = 14624 effective Spell Power, 1236 regen
  • Witchmothers = 14610 effective Spell Power (14471 after moving 4 points into health), 1507 regen

Would test myself but my PC is way too laggy to check sustain on a NB (light attacks miss like 20% of the time).

Thanks in advance
Edited by Sparr0w on September 27, 2018 3:18PM
@Sparr0w so I get the notification
Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
DD: All Mag + Stam
Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
Tank: NB | DK | Warden
Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
Heal: Templar | Sorc
Tank: DK | NB
Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're getting 2x resources back from Leeching/Siphoning when using Heavy attacks and it counts for two bow stacks too, though.

I suspect you simply trade a couple LA's for a HA every here and there, and I doubt you'll feel any sustain different in the grand scheme of things.

They nerfed sustain a bit, sure, but they turned around and basically gave it right back in the next breath.

How the heck are you getting to 15k effective SD?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're getting 2x resources back from Leeching/Siphoning when using Heavy attacks and it counts for two bow stacks too, though.

I suspect you simply trade a couple LA's for a HA every here and there, and I doubt you'll feel any sustain different in the grand scheme of things.

They nerfed sustain a bit, sure, but they turned around and basically gave it right back in the next breath.

heavy attacks are boring
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL ignore me still had alkosh ticked :lol: I ideally want to keep a light attack rota as heavy really kill the flow, plus ele is my spammable...
    Edited by Sparr0w on September 27, 2018 3:21PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

heavy attacks are boring
    - almost every class but NB, post Morrowind.

I fully agree, but it's an optional workaround. If not that, then you swap out dmg enchant for cost redux or regen, add more CP's into Arcane, or use an Abs Magicka glyph.

Just have to find the new sweet spot.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS