The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rethink Defensive Rune

MetalHead4x4
MetalHead4x4
✭✭✭
I like this skill, I use this skill...but...I think it has a major flaw. Okay so this skill, is supposed to stun the next person that attacks you. But when you get hit by like say Focused Aim for 10k-13k you also get stunned, and usually the follow up Focused Aim kills you if you're like me with low-ish 21k health. I think if the skill is going to "defend" you it should at least negate some of the damage, or at least negate the stun. I think its kinda dumb to have a skill that stuns your opponent but their stun still stuns you. Most players don't repeatedly cast it during fights so at least make it "deflect" the next attack after all its supposed to save you from a surprise attack but it seems pointless if a strong bow ganker can bypass it by simply having 2 Focused Aims in the air for a thwump-thwump insta-death.

PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool ideas and all, but ZOS are going the other way, its getting a 1.2 sec delay lol. So you will be dead before the stun hits them.

Was a cool skill, they broke cage so then broke defensive rune too. crazy times.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Cool ideas and all, but ZOS are going the other way, its getting a 1.2 sec delay lol. So you will be dead before the stun hits them.

Was a cool skill, they broke cage so then broke defensive rune too. crazy times.

You have definitely just urinated on his bonfire. This ability was overly buffed, then nerfed into the ground and is beyond saving. Middle ground please.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember Defensive Rune being overly buffed.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    It negates my dawnbringers...
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the ability generally, including rune cage. The defensive rune nerf baffles me a bit.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Lol, maybe try memeor instead.

Edit: Try LA+Dawnbreaker followed by a dodge roll after next patch, you should be fine. Or roll-cancel your next attack, but that needs to be quick.
    Edited by Bergzorn on September 27, 2018 5:04PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Maybe use an attack before the dawn? Or wait for them to cast it and proc on you, then use dawn while you are cc immune?

Or do you mean, and I HIGHLY doubt this, that your sorc opponent having it pre cast and you having cc immunity still makes it negate your dawn?

Or is this sarcasmm? Long day at work, sarcasm detector is broken for the most part currently lol

Either way next patch it will still go through and hit them because you get 1.2 seconds to.....get ready....... DODGE ROLL the stun rofl
    Edited by OGLezard on September 28, 2018 1:53AM