The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What does your Small/Medium group do against Zerg Time Stop Spams

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Not wanting anything nerfed (might be the best option) maybe stacking cost idk I’ve never used it.

What does your small to medium sized groups do to this? Every large group has 3-4 people as tanky as can be and their only job is time stop?

It’s snaring me even when I’m not in the AOE. It’s very difficult to time anything with them being spammed. And it’s always when we are already heavily outnumbered.

Does any have any good solid advise when fighting against this outnumbered?

Why is the break free from this so strange without the break free animation.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay mobile and keep out of the time stops. There’s plenty of wind up before it hits, and lack of mobility is usually a death sentence vs. a zerg anyway. Time Stop is probably ZOS’ answer to those ball groups that could stand stationary in multiple siege and purge/heal through everything.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Stay mobile and keep out of the time stops. There’s plenty of wind up before it hits, and lack of mobility is usually a death sentence vs. a zerg anyway. Time Stop is probably ZOS’ answer to those ball groups that could stand stationary in multiple siege and purge/heal through everything.

We do and move a lot. Eventually you have to fight before everyone drains resources for better positioning.

At this point the Larger ball groups are standing and using multiple seiges while spamming time stop on our smaller group. This and I can never tell who is casting it because we are normally outnumbered 2-3:1.

Was bothering more the last couple days and figured I’d get some other options/opinions. Thanks though
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t be afraid to reset the fight if you don’t have optimal conditions

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbsGISAI5M
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Great video. I’ll rewatch again tonight just in case I missed anything.

Still didn’t see the issue I’m running into though. A lot of caltrops and Destro with the occasional time stop. That what I see in your video

On ps4 when we fight it’s a never ending time stop spam. From people tanky enough to have to siege then to kill them timely. Maybe I’ll catch a video of it tonight.

I’ve been running a small/ medium(4-8) group for a few years now and this is now an every fight ordeal. We still win like 80% of the fights it’s just really obnoxious to deal with every 5 secs. Maybe throw me another video or so if you wouldn’t mind.

Btw Beetles into Cold Fire lmfao
    Edited by Koolio on September 26, 2018 10:34PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You stop, drop, and respawn at the nearest keep.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imov speed pots can be helpful i guess.

But there is nothing you can do in the end, they'll catch some people with it and negate some healing.

Best things to do is break free as fast as possible immediately into a heal/ roll cancel and hope you don't get ult dumped.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they’re dropping the time stop on you at every choke/burst spot and using that to interupt your dump, then you need to just disengage and rehit from another side.

If they’re extremely organized and are able to predict all your burst spots, and they outnumber you significantly anyway, then you probably don’t deserve the W and should settle for a stale mate.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Misspoke on the morph that I thought was present.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on September 27, 2018 1:02PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't win that fight, go find one you can win.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Great video. I’ll rewatch again tonight just in case I missed anything.

Still didn’t see the issue I’m running into though. A lot of caltrops and Destro with the occasional time stop. That what I see in your video

On ps4 when we fight it’s a never ending time stop spam. From people tanky enough to have to siege then to kill them timely. Maybe I’ll catch a video of it tonight.

I’ve been running a small/ medium(4-8) group for a few years now and this is now an every fight ordeal. We still win like 80% of the fights it’s just really obnoxious to deal with every 5 secs. Maybe throw me another video or so if you wouldn’t mind.

Btw Beetles into Cold Fire lmfao

From what I gathered from Thogards vid, it's best to move to a spot wherein that ability becomes less effective. His vid showcases this particularly well.

Lets look at it from this perspective, if the enemy is dropping multiple time stops, the best way to effectively shut them down is move to terrain that hinders the ability. If they are putting it down on the outter reaches of a resource tower, it's only going to hit a small portion. You could effectively kite them and LoS so the spammer cannot accurately place it on top of you. You all can rush to the top of the tower, jump down behind and focus the guy spamming it.

if you're out in the open, Time Stop will go through things like trees and some small rocks. I would find a place that has a higher elevation. Faregyl Farm is a good example, if you cap it, then kite them up that hill, the best they could do is put it at the base of the hill. Even if it is large enough to hit you, the area of effect would be smaller.

I've played around with this ability on my toon while I zerg surfed, the one thing I noticed is it won't really work well on inclined terrains and high elevation(if I'm on a lower elevation and aiming the skill up that is). But it does on very flat surfaces.
    If they’re dropping the time stop on you at every choke/burst spot and using that to interupt your dump, then you need to just disengage and rehit from another side.

If they’re extremely organized and are able to predict all your burst spots, and they outnumber you significantly anyway, then you probably don’t deserve the W and should settle for a stale mate.
    Also this too in the bold.

Not scoring the Win isn't always the point. If your guys reach a stalemate or a draw win. That is perfectly acceptable. It's not always about the AP, but your position on the map that is the key.

Both warring parties can just walk away at that point, because they both earned the right to be in whatever position they were in.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 27, 2018 2:03PM
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a small/med group and fight a zerg, you will most likely lose. If you are good you can probably take alot out with you with good coordination (most likely keep defense). Even a semi coordinated zerg will just have the numbers and non stop timestop/destro/negate/perma frost etc...
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put when you're fighting out numbered in a small group you cannot stay in one position for very long with the introduction of time stop and the redesign of siege like meatbag, scattershot, etc. Mobility is king, and if possible, quick identification of the individual spamming time stop and even quicker take down of that player.
    Edited by Syhae on September 28, 2018 5:50PM
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY