The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good Solo-Q BG Class

lucky_dutch
lucky_dutch
✭✭✭✭
Can anyone recommend a good solo-q BG class for level 50 BGs?

I play an hour or so a day and just want to PvP (I cba to grind CP up high enough that I can effectively roam in Cyro) so I'm stuck with just BGs for content. Right now I'm really not enjoying them as I think burst is WAY too high so I wondered if before I give up and quit the game altogether I should try a different class.

My current is Magblade and whilst I like the damage and get plenty of kills it's not uncommon for me to die in a single stun (even with 7 pieces impen) and that really destroys any fun for me. I'd be looking for a class that was a lot more tanky but still mobile so I can get as few as possible deaths but still also be able to get a good amount of kills (I don't want a boring block tank build that just stays alive but doesn't really do much). Does such a class exist?
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    The best solo -q BG class for level 50 BGs is Magblade. You can be dps, heals or tank just switch gear and skills.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best solo -q BG class for level 50 BGs is Magblade. You can be dps, heals or tank just switch gear and skills.

Not really that helpful given I specifically mentioned I don't like it.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, sounds like you need a stamblade. They are not tanky but they don't really die thanks to cloak. And you can burst most reasonable targets very fast.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc stam dk in orgnums scales+brass s&b/2h it was fun for me
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK, I don’t play one but they seem to have a little of everything if you run mist form
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the mobility and damage a stam class in heavy armor is probably best.
    Warden has great heals, can take a beating, and still has good damage to get your own kills. I’d also reccomend stamsorc. The mobility will get you out of most sticky situations and also has juicy damage.
    Edited by del9 on September 27, 2018 12:29PM
    PCNA

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say anything stam.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a stamina warden. it shines in BGs. specially when you are up against pugs.

But, given your lack of enthusiasm in gaining up some CP, will you enjoy levelling another char to 50?

If the answer is no, do a race change to your magblade and make a Heavy armor stamblade. Enjoy survivability and best burst you can get while being tanky
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamden is pretty good, stamsorc as well. If you like stamina classes.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just add a defensive set to your build? You're going to have a better time on a familiar class with a little bit less damage if you're tankier.

Or roll a SNB Temp and never die.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden. Just dominate BGs. Ezpz
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Well, sounds like you need a stamblade. They are not tanky but they don't really die thanks to cloak. And you can burst most reasonable targets very fast.

Cloak isn't as useful as you might think. DoTs & Snares are hard-counter and everyone is running both. I can still get away using it sometimes but it doesn't save me from the most frustrating aspect of PvP - dying in cc. I need a class that can survive a 3-second cc in the event that stun break is bugged (this is a huge problem on console, not sure if it's the same on PC or not)
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    Make a stamina warden. it shines in BGs. specially when you are up against pugs.

But, given your lack of enthusiasm in gaining up some CP, will you enjoy levelling another char to 50?

If the answer is no, do a race change to your magblade and make a Heavy armor stamblade. Enjoy survivability and best burst you can get while being tanky

Stamden sounds interesting because I do like the delayed burst mechanic they have for lining-up big combos. Even if I build tanky enough that the damage isn't huge, maybe a sub assault + dawn breaker + execute is enough to finish someone who's already taken some damage from a team mate?

Levelling another chara to 50 isn't too concerning. Firstly, it's way faster than CP grind (after about CP 200 is became so painfully slow) and secondly if I give it some half decent blue crafted gear I can probably have some fun levelling in BGs
    Edited by lucky_dutch on September 27, 2018 6:17PM
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭

Not really that helpful given I specifically mentioned I don't like it.

SO then you are not interested in the best solo -q BG class for level 50 BGs. You want to know the easiest.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    At one point it was mag sorc. Now, not so much.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd suggest DK or Warden.
    They have a tonne of buffs and defensive mechanisms, and you can get away with wearing 5 heavy armour due to your skills allowing you to manage your resources quite effectively.
    Stam Warden can set up some nice burst damage, whereas a DK - either Mag or Stam - is usually more DOT based pressure.

Wardens have access to a 30% speed bonus (Falcon Wings) to keep you mobile, you can also boost this with either Sets, or Swift trait Jewelry.
    DK's are a bit less mobile but are very Tanky when you build for it. Plus you can use Chains / Silver Leash to bring the fight to you instead of chasing.

It might also be worthwhile making some in-game acquaintances who also enjoy BG's, and are available to play at a similar time to you. Whilst BG's are really fun queuing alone, the real fun IMO comes when you join as a group and can run sets / skills that really help each other.

As for raising your CP, do any Dungeon + Delve achievements you haven't already completed - whilst using an XP Scroll / Psijic Ambrosia. Completing a dungeon for the 1st time gives a tonne of XP, especially if you do all the bosses and complete it in under 20/30 mins.
    And there is the daily random dungeon also, which again is a nice XP / CP booster.
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    Any build in heavy armour seems like it will do the job for you. Probably warden or DK like others have been saying. Warden has more burst potential but DK has better potential survivability. Personally I find warden's playstyle a little too narrow and less exciting than a DK. Having *** dragon wings is too good to pass up. Leap and reflect are very fun.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    moosegod wrote: »
    Any build in heavy armour seems like it will do the job for you. Probably warden or DK like others have been saying. Warden has more burst potential but DK has better potential survivability. Personally I find warden's playstyle a little too narrow and less exciting than a DK. Having *** dragon wings is too good to pass up. Leap and reflect are very fun.

Could you elaborate on what you mean about the warden play style being narrow? That was actually the one I was starting to lean towards due to the burst potential hopefully allowing me to score more kills in team fights.

As far as I can tell the warden and DK's attacking rotation is actually pretty similar:

Delayed Damage -> SnB Attack with Debuffs -> Reverberating Bash -> Ultimate -> Execute

The only difference between them is that which ability they use in each case. DK use venomous claw & piercing strike at the start whereas the Warden uses Sub Assault & Heroic Strike. Unless I'm missing something those two things seem to "feel" the same to me?

Their defensive skills are very different, I suppose. Healing vs mitigation. Mitigation probably is a lot better if that hideously OP anguish set makes it to live.
    Edited by lucky_dutch on September 29, 2018 8:16AM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race change to stam nb or you can play heavy mag nb, if not I would do stamden