The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magblade

xGhost91x
xGhost91x
Hey all. I finally decided to try out a Magblade in PvP (the one class I haven't tried yet), and I was wondering if I could get some advice. So far I'm thinking of using 2 Skoria, 5 Shacklebreaker, 5 Necropotence (5 heavy, 2 light), with an inferno staff on front bar and a restoration staff on back bar. Any thoughts?
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stacking magicka while having 5 heavy armor isn't the best idea imo since you're not gonna be using a ward. When going for heavy armor I think it's better to stack spell damage. I'd run innate axiom/war maiden/julianos/spinners front bar with the 5 heavy shackle. Remember that high damage also increases your heals from funnel health.

Maelstrom resto back bar is BiS for heavy magblade if you have it.

skoria/bloodspawn/malubeth would work.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on September 26, 2018 1:51PM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    Hmm...looks like it'll be between Innate Axiom and War Maiden. I may go War Maiden because it'll buff all of my skills.
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    What skills would be good for that set up?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinners is the new bis set for magnb once murkmire comes. With cast time on shields there is really 0 reason to run necro, the damage is not as good as other sets but you get the bigger shield was the trade off.

Imo heavy armor hot based magnb will be new meta. Has always been a strong playstyle but I think it's gonna make a comeback.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo Julianos > War Maiden/Axiom/Spinner, because the dmg gain of the latter sets over Juli is marginal and those sets don't buff everything, unlike Juli (light attacks, heals, any ult).

Personally i prefer running 2 sustain sets (Lich + Amber currently, Shackle works too) and getting dmg from food/mundus/glyphs/monster set. Might be because i play mostly noCP though.
    Edited by Rianai on September 26, 2018 2:40PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Imo Julianos > War Maiden/Axiom/Spinner, because the dmg gain of the latter sets over Juli is marginal and those sets don't buff everything, unlike Juli (light attacks, heals, any ult).

Personally i prefer running 2 sustain sets (Lich, Amber, Shackle) and getting dmg from food/mundus/glyphes. Might be because i play mostly noCP though.

I'm mot a big fan of juli because you waste 2 stats on 5% crit
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 7,6% crit and i don't consider crit chance a waste.
    Edited by Rianai on September 26, 2018 2:45PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Personally i prefer running 2 sustain sets (Lich, Amber, Shackle) and getting dmg from food/mundus/glyphes. Might be because i play mostly noCP though.

5% crit is so good for healing yourself man. It's definitely not a waste.

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

7.6% crit is so good for healing yourself man. It's definitely not a waste.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on September 26, 2018 3:04PM

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the skill setup mine is:

Frontbar:
    ele drain, merciless resolve, funnel health, mass hysteria, double take/cloak, soul harvest

backbar:
    shadow image, mutagen, healing ward, siphoning attacks, crippling grasp/refreshing path, resto ult

• xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    Do Nightblades have a class skill that grants Major Sorcery?
    Edited by xGhost91x on September 26, 2018 3:51PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you would rather have 7.5% crit chance on a class that can proc crits in demand? Instead of more sustain, or stats, or just total damage?

To each his own I'm never one to say "you have to run this" but it just doesn't seem like its worth it for me.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xGhost91x wrote: »

Sap essence, last skill in siphon tree. It's an odd aoe heal utility skill, some people like it, some people run total sap tanks. I'm not the biggest fan, would rather use pots or degeneration.
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x

Sap essence, last skill in siphon tree. It's an odd aoe heal utility skill, some people like it, some people run total sap tanks. I'm not the biggest fan, would rather use pots or degeneration.

That's what I thought. I'll have to find a way to squeeze in Degeneration.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could run sap essence or structured entropy. Structured entropy is not a bad dot skill to help proc Skoria.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Julianos. Unless you're a ganker or bomber not much reason to play magblade in PvP come murkmire. If you go without a ward use Impreg. If you want to use a ward then stack max magicka with Necropotence
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Julianos. Unless you're a ganker or bomber not much reason to play magblade in PvP come murkmire. If you go without a ward use Impreg. If you want to use a ward then stack max magicka with Necropotence

Don't lose faith too quickly. Light armor might be dead besides massive cloak abuse. But the heavy armor hot builds might survive.
  • xGhost91x
    xGhost91x
    NyassaV wrote: »

I'm coming at this from the point of view of a heavy armor Magplar. I prefer it over light armor anyways.