The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If I equip an item for a Master Writ, can I still turn it in?

Zombi_Cat
Zombi_Cat
Soul Shriven
So recently, I tried my hand at a master jewelry crafting writ. The writ in particular required I craft an epic quality, bloodthirsty, Death's Wind platinum necklace. 3 days and 70k gold later, I craft the item, and the writ is fulfilled. In the time I took between crafting it and tuning it in, the item got equipped. Now, I can't turn in the quest, even if I un-equip the item in question. Is this a bug or a feature? And sorry in advance if the answer is painfully obvious for crafters, I'm pretty new.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure, once you equip it, it is bound to your account and cannot be turned in for the writ.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voucher conversion rate is generally 600-700 gold per voucher (NA PC) ... so unless the master writ was 100 vouchers or more, you’re losing money by crafting the necklace to start with.

Regardless, you can’t turn in bound items for master writs which is intended.

I would cut your losses there ... and not dig a deeper hole by crafting the necklace again. Use your regular equipment master writs to gain vouchers.

You can always have another master crafter buy something for you if you’re low on vouchers ... if you have your eye on something specific from Rolis or Faustina. Use the conversion rate above as a rough guide.
  • Zombi_Cat
    Zombi_Cat
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the help, guys!