The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Even Sotha (NO CP EU) is Unplayable now...

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Sigh... I remember when at least the No CP Campaign would be playable.

Now, so many have fled there, that we have at least two factions poplocked at primetime. And unfortunately that means ping 150+ in peaceful areas, and just plain unplayable game. Skills won't fire, your can't barswap properly etc etc etc etc.

Yesterday i met a WOW player. I mentioned that 50-60 Ping was our "base" in PvE, and that we would have about 80 in PvP Instances (BG's) and 80-150 in PvP - when things are good. And 150-300 when *** is bad. You know what he did? He laughed. For like 5 minutes straight.

It's just so sad. This game is so friggin great and awesome. But who the heck wants to play something this unplayable? Now i ONLY have BG's left, as the LAST and FINAL piece of PvP in this game, that is just remotely playable.

-RANT OVER-
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad, but true. I want to play more, but I cant rly justify logging in and pvping anymore because the game is just unplayable. I also tried to play on sotha a little while ago becasue theres less lagg there I heard, but it was still laggy enough now that it wasnt rly enjoyable. Sad.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    It wasnt always like this, Sotha was lag free most of the time, even in huge fights.

Zenimax f***ed it up.

2 Days ago I could not use doors at all, I could just not weapon swap for like 20 minutes.... I stuck in the middle of nowhere and I am just not able to move. I dont no what they are doing, but this game will be completly unplayable very very soon.
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingame ping shows around 100ms. Meanwhile:

-delay on doors
    -delay on mounting
    -delay on siege
    -bar swapping very unresponsive
    -wave my hand for a Dark Deal, but do not get the final *plop*, no health, no stamina
    -can't spend my 500 ulti-points, it just doesn't fire
    -destro LA or HA don't fire, or fire at a target in my back, or lock me up in animation
    -cancelled LA + crushing shock doesn't fire at all

I could go on. Feel free to add latency-unrelated bugs to that (anyone stuck in combat?).

Edit: forgot to mention Fear CC *bloodpressure rises*
    Edited by Bergzorn on September 26, 2018 12:23PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ping means almost nothing.. I mean you're talking about the difference between 0.2 seconds and 0.06ms.

Yet we regularly see abilities taking 3-4 seconds to fire.
    That's a LOT more than 200ms.

What I'm getting at is that ping is only showing the time taken for your date to get to the server. It isn't taking into account how long the server takes to calculate everything it needs to that tick to action your ability before it can send you an update back

200ms ping is perfectly playable in an MMO. But this overloaded server - not so much.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    The ping means almost nothing.. I mean you're talking about the difference between 0.2 seconds and 0.06ms.

Yet we regularly see abilities taking 3-4 seconds to fire.
    That's a LOT more than 200ms.

What I'm getting at is that ping is only showing the time taken for your date to get to the server. It isn't taking into account how long the server takes to calculate everything it needs to that tick to action your ability before it can send you an update back

200ms ping is perfectly playable in an MMO. But this overloaded server - not so much.

Most of the invisible lag comes from server side ,rather than client. Thats why your 1 sec cast time ability takes like 6 seconds to fire or your instant cast ultimate can take 3 seconds to actually do damage etc. Sad part about this is that there is literally nothing you can do to fix this.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 27, 2018 1:37AM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    What I'm getting at is that ping is only showing the time taken for your date to get to the server.

The ping delay includes a server response time (the ping has to be 'answered'). Maybe ZOS should disable this feature at all, put it in a corner with the deer and torchbugs to ease the burden on the servers.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored