The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any word on why skill levels don't display on weapon bar slots while in skills menu?

Feric51
Feric51
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says... After opening up the skills menu and highlighting skills currently slotted on the weapon bar at the top of the UI, it no longer shows the level of the skill. This is a change first noticed with Wolfhunter, but I'll admit may have been in place following Summerset as I didn't do much skill rearranging until Wolfhunter dropped.

On newer characters especially, I like to keep a couple low-level skills slotted at all times to level them up during normal combat/questing, and used to do a quick check of their levels from the weapon bar within the skills menu rather than scrolling down 3 or 4 or 8 skill trees to open them up and find the particular skill in there.

Was this a designed change that missed the patch notes, or simply an unacknowledged bug that needs fixed?

Thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Feric51
Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that on the weekend aswell. Thought its some addon xD
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that's annoying. While I'm leveling skills I want to be able to track the exp bar without having to go clicking through the whole skill menu.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    I noticed that on the weekend aswell. Thought its some addon xD

Occurs on console, so not addon related.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, looks like a new feature.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug then, it's a feature