The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher keeps Crashing while trying to download

Youxap
Youxap
Soul Shriven
Hi, I played some ESO some months ago, and now I wanted to get back to it but as soon as I start the launcher it says "loading", then "Updating application lists", then the launcher tells me it's downloading an update but it is completely unresponsive, I can't click on anything on the screen and I can't shut it off unless I use Task Manager, after a while the launcher just crashes on its own. Anybody can help and tell me what's going on?
  • Youxap
    Youxap
    Soul Shriven
    EDIT: Apparently it only freezes when downloading
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434017/eso-launcher-crashes-on-update-9-04-2018#latest

ya there's a few of us with the same problem. Here is the thread that started 09/04/18. There is a lot of different suggestions you should check it out and hopefully this helps. I'm still having the problem but i just have been using a VPN until i can figure out a permanent solution.
  • Youxap
    Youxap
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, that's helpful, has the VPN bypassed the issue?
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youxap wrote: »
    Thanks, that's helpful, has the VPN bypassed the issue?

it has for me and i see many others. I still don't agree that should be the solution. I hope they figure this crap out cause i refuse to continue to use a another software to be able to download the updates. Never had a problem like i said till wolf hunter and it sucks.