The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor type usage confusion

gamer559
gamer559
✭✭✭
OK so I know that everyone is supposed to equip one piece of light, medium, and heavy armor while they are leveling up so you have options when you reach 50 and start using "appropriate armor types" for your class & role desired and so even casters can get the benefits that come with heavy armor usage for PvP. My confusion is in if you're supposed to equip one piece of the other two "wrong" armor types even at 50 for any special reason? Does a tank still want to use one piece of light and medium armor while using 5 pieces of heavy? Does a magicka user still want to equip 1 piece of medium armor at 50 or is that pretty much pointless since the passives granted by medium armor are for sneak cost reduction, stam recovery, sprint movement increase, and weapon crit rating increase. I could understand a stamina user equipping a piece of light armor for spell warding or even evocation & recovery for any magicka based attacks/heals they might have and even could see a reason for a tank to use a piece of light armor for those same reasons. Can someone please explain this to me?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why, https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Undaunted_Mettle, that is up to 4% more of your max stats.(because you would have 2% from just wearing one weight of armor)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Lightspeedflash said it's due to the Undaunted passive skill giving you more max resources.

It can also be advantageous as you'll get some very minor bonuses from the base armour value (if not wearing mainly heavy) and the passives in the amour skills which don't require five pieces equipped.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."