The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What class/build do you use to do world bosses/ vet dungeons solo?

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
I am curious of what people run as to do world bosses solo and vet dungeons solo.
I myself I run a breton templar (heavy magplar) Wyrd tree/overwhelming surge/ice heart.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The answer was simple when melee sorcerer pets reliably held taunt. That was easy mode unless:
    • The boss was triple (double bosses were still straightforward).
    • There was something overwhelming about the adds, environmental damage or cc.
    • There were a lot of negate bubbles (because those used to despawn pets).
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used magika sorcerer for world bosses solo. Used hardened ward and surge to keep alive and occasional heavy attack for resource. I use burning spellweave and julianos for set. witch mother potent brew for drink. no potion.
    I've never solo vet dungeon, but i run several normal dungeon solo.
  • znrk
    znrk
    ✭✭✭
    dunmer magplar - didn't do many vet dungeons solo but for WB its just my standard BSW+MS+Skoria. And Breath of Life when needed.
    PC/EU
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do it on every build right now...except on the PTS :D
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WB with whatever class/build I'm currently logged in.

It's easier to learn what the WB does and counter it than have a build specialized for WB.

except the guar in Deshaan, the guar in Deshaan is BS.

Dungeons usually on my magblade, BSW+MOSO+Skoria currently.

Edited by Aisle9 on September 25, 2018 10:07AM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdk, it's the first char I completed vma with and the only character I'm able to break 40k dps.
    Im running zaan elfbane and bsw
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    WB with whatever class/build I'm currently logged in.

It's easier to learn what the WB does and counter it than have a build specialized for WB.

Dungeons usually on my magblade, BSW+MOSO+Skoria currently.

That guar world boss in deshaan is oddly my favorite world boss. If I see someone complain in zone chat and I am in deshaan I mingle my way there and then type in chat "LEEROY JENKINS" and begin to attack the said world boss. I surprise the mess out of people doing that, it is the funniest thing to see but a lot of people don't want to attack said boss till you got boss down 30% give or take.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to do it with any on my chars, i am a stamina guy i would say my stamsorc always had the best chances beaing them without changing a lot of skills or gear. My main is a stamDK and its quite harder using her to clear this kind of content, only works if i swap gear and skills...Still struggeling getting those 3 guys in rift down, its too much for her to solo o:)
    Edited by sudaki_eso on September 25, 2018 10:42AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do them with my pet sorc and magden.
    Edited by greylox on September 25, 2018 11:10AM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afraid to say. Too many of one class responses might be the next king of the hill..... 😜 but seriously I've had some luck on my magplar. No vet though
    Edited by Lumenn on September 25, 2018 11:24AM
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdk, it's the first char I completed vma with and the only character I'm able to break 40k dps.
    Im running zaan elfbane and bsw

try zaan, bsw/siroria and mothers sorrow. 46k+ incoming. Easily.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer magsorc with matriarch, Bosmer magplar healer, Bosmer stamsorc bow/bow. In that order. Most alliance zone WBs and about half the alliance zone normal group dungeons. DK tank can hold anything but is not great for solo since dps so low. Bosmer magblade is still young but seems to have some good potential.

This thread seems to support my thinking that taking on WBs and such is more a matter of player skill/experience rather than character/race choice. I consider myself an intermediate player and can take on intermediate challenges.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 25, 2018 11:25AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer magsorc with matriarch, Bosmer magplar healer, Bosmer stamsorc bow/bow. In that order. Most alliance zone WBs and about half the alliance zone normal group dungeons. DK tank can hold anything but is not great for solo since dps so low. Bosmer magblade is still young but seems to have some good potential.

This thread seems to support my thinking that taking on WBs and such is more a matter of player skill/experience rather than character/race choice. I consider myself an intermediate player and can take on intermediate challenges.

Player skill/experience/may depend on what you are doing but might depend on equipment and resistances as well. Knowing times to get ready for certain situations.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also glass cannon builds tend to not be able to do a world boss solo as the name "glass" is quite literal as they die in a basic attack in one hit.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭

It really is.
    PS4 NA
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keevil111 wrote: »

It really is.

That guar is fun imo.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • TwilightAngel_89
    I never solo world bosses 🤣I can solo normal dungeons but not vet ones
    Edited by TwilightAngel_89 on September 25, 2018 12:06PM
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my stam sorc for world bosses..

normal dungeons with easy mechanics are easy

haven't tried soloing vet dungeons
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda was expecting to find a bit more vet dungeon/wb solo'rs here.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I won’t do any content without my tank. Sure it’s takes 10mins to kill a WB. But most mechanics barely scratch me and survivability over damage is what matters to players like me who are prone to making mistakes.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldn’t pay me to solo vet dungeons. What a time waster when a group could do it in a fraction of the time.

I beat down world bosses all the time, but prefer company. Any of my characters can do it, with differing strategies. Some are more difficult than others for various characters. And no, I don’t run anything resembling cookie cutter bis boringness. It is quite doable while being creative and sticking to your character concepts.
    Edited by Starlock on September 26, 2018 5:20PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade in Divines TFS and Hundings. I use the health restore Slashes morph, Rend, and Vigor. I managed to solo the apprentice tower WB once using Bone Shield (only the once unfortunately)

Base game enemies aren’t really a threat, most Summerset bosses are solo friendly, Vvardenfel’s less so with the Hunger and large add waves, or just plain too many heavy hitters to keep track of.

Crag group delves/encounters are pretty entertaining, and they feel appropriately challenging running solo. That one spot where you get chained into chains into chains into chains forever until death is the exception. I had to call in a buddy for that one
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    Kinda was expecting to find a bit more vet dungeon/wb solo'rs here.

Only magsorcs have been dumb enough to tell they could solo WBs and some 4 men.

The others know that next patch ZOS would butcher their class, like they did with magsorcs now.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For world bosses you can use any class if you reach 300+ cp (maybe less idk exactly) and have starter setup.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on September 26, 2018 5:27PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For world bosses you can use any class if you reach 300+ cp (maybe less idk exactly) and have starter setup.

you can solo world bosses at level 3 with no CP and garbage gear....I know, I have done it. There are some I wouldn't attempt that way...but a lot of them are dead easy to solo.

I myself like my heavy armor MagDK build for soloing vet dungeons and the like, but I imagine any build is capable of most vet dungeons(excluding ones like vCoS where the mechanics make it almost impossible for certain classes)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »

you can solo world bosses at level 3 with no CP and garbage gear....I know, I have done it. There are some I wouldn't attempt that way...but a lot of them are dead easy to solo.

I myself like my heavy armor MagDK build for soloing vet dungeons and the like, but I imagine any build is capable of most vet dungeons(excluding ones like vCoS where the mechanics make it almost impossible for certain classes)

What dungeons have you done vet solo?
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet Sorc is still easy mode, not sure how that will hold true after the next patch though ...
    post-2-1445282250.gif
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To expand a bit on soloing world bosses, there is something all of my characters have that makes this easier and feasible: some sort of DoT, whether it's on the ground (e.g., hail of arrows) or on the enemy itself (e.g., poison arrow). It enables you to keep doing a bit of damage when you need to disengage, block, or recover. That's the second thing you'll need - some way to recover your health. Though it is possible to avoid taking damage entirely from some world bosses (I've done it on my plucky little Bosmer lass) most of the time you will take at least some damage. You need a way to heal that. Potions won't be sufficient.

Basically, between having a decent recovery mechanism (heal) and chipping away with a DoT, you can get them down eventually. Where it gets tough is if a world boss has adds/minions or significant crowd control it can throw on you. Those are difficult (or impossible) to solo.
  • Diora
    Diora
    ✭✭✭
    Magden with a special solo build/gear setup. Since no one wants her for trials, i've made her into my "solo everything i possibly can" toon.

Possibly magblade, too, but he's pure trials DPS specced right now, so it's a little harder.
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my Khajiit stamblade I like to use Kena shoulder/ Selistrix helm/ 5 briarheart/ 5 Bone Pirate with nirnhoned greatsword and infused bow. If you dont like briarheart just use hundings. I like to use brawler for the shield and rally for my heal. You'll be tanky with brawler and have plenty of Stam regen and weapon damage. Keep in mind when using a greatsword you get extra stam regen when you kill stuff. You can use the thief mundus or warrior. I take thief for the extra crit. The hardest part about this build is getting the Bone Pirate Greatsword and bow. It works for me and hopefully it can help others :) Btw i can do the same with any class and this exact build. You'll just have to tinker with ability combinations to fit your liking.
    Edited by JiKama on September 28, 2018 9:19PM