The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Fights/ Encounters in ESO

max_only
max_only
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Be as specific as possible without spoilers (specific characters that have their real motivations revealed for example). My favorite fights?

The fight on the two ships at Seaside Sanctuary in Greenshade. Winner of Best Fight in a Faction Questline. I really wish we had more naval battles. There is an mmorpg centered around it but nothing else about that game appealed to me. Using siege on a ship, boarding the enemy ship, etc, so cool.

Grothdarr. Winner of Best Fight Sound Design (blocking his windup is sooooo satisfying)

Lord Warden. Winner of Best Fight with a motor mouth. Shutting him up feels so good.

Ash Titan and his Air Atronach buddies. Winner of Most Impressive Visuals in a Fight for a Newb (I think that was the first time I saw an air atronach)

Vashai and S’kinrai. Winner of the “I have no idea what’s going on bruh” Noob reaction

What’s yours? Let’s keep this light, I’m trying to do some self care in the face of all these nerfs. o:)
Edited by max_only on September 25, 2018 9:20PM
#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
#OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
|| CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me nothing beats rakkhat in vmol and his breaking free from kulan dro. The speech, the way the back wall explodes. When I saw it when vmol came out I was in absolute awe.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I ran into Twig Princess in pvp. Another bosmer stamnb and she looked fairly simular to me.

was weird seeing myself and fight against myself
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the quest in Davons watch that takes place in the bar. Npc starts singing a funny song.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first time I enountered a Dolmen (this was before Dolmen runs were a thing). Me and a few other people were tackling it. We got to the end and it did its usual thing where it explodes everywhere and the such - it looked so cool. I remember just going /cheer in chat for a few moments and everyone was congratulating everyone else in /say chat.
    Edited by dan958 on September 25, 2018 11:36AM
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite fights are all Undaunted boss battles, I love alot of them, but my favourite ones for based on stuff like sass/mechanics/gimmicks are the following in no particular order:

Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor - 2nd boss in Imperial City Sewers.
    Dranos Velandor - 3rd boss of Cradle of Shadows.
    Earthgore Amalgam - Final Boss of Bloodroot Forge
    Tarcyr - 4th Boss of March of Sacrifices
    Thurvokun and Orryn the Black - Final Boss of Fang Lair.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on September 25, 2018 9:56AM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Matriach Runa (vMA stage 5 final boss) is great because she doesn't have any RNG bs, you need to "outsmart" her
    - Domihaus the Bloody-horned(Falkreath Hold final boss) is also a fun encounter, because he requires coordination and planning, plus the mechanics are clear so you always know why you screwed up.
    - Mad architect (Vaults of Madness) has some of the most amazing visuals so far, the fight itself isn't challenging.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fight that gives me 50k + AP tick
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a memorable fight ... quite some time ago.

In PVP I got ambushed by a 2H wielding DK. I am not sure but he/she (I'll stick to he as it was a male ava) must have worn flanking strategist and/or morihouse ... or alike.

Obviously I bolstered my defences (as good as a medium DW stamplar is able to do), but that player was amazing:
    with his big sword ready he managed to dance around me in a way that avoided standing in my frontal area - hence avoiding my single target damage. To counter his actions i switched to backbar -> that held abilities with aoe effects. To no avail, i may add: sun shield was avoided by a little step backwards, followed by a charge +stun... when I was up after break free he already was behind me giving me a little taste of his swords LA damage. While i turned during spinning steel-tornado, he roll-dodged right through me, not only avoiding my damage, but landing his sword again on my behind...

All in all it was a beautifull fight ... it felt more like dancing and surely looked like it, too. When I died eventually, i wasn't sorry about it... I lost to a (clearly) more skillfull player and instead of beeing burned down by 1-2 abilities and a few dots I probably had a fighting chance. ;)
    Edited by Elsterchen on September 25, 2018 11:03AM
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That last trial boss where the ceiling and walls fall apart, Hel Ra I think.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All harvesters back on launch were horrible but memorable fights.

The final bosses of the arena's have always been memorable because they feel so epic the first time you encounter and defeat them (at least for average players like myself).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1st time I did an Abyssal Geyser on the Live server. I'd done one on the PTS and been unimpressed. Okay, its a bigger dolmen with a world boss. Kind sucks when you only have two or three people running around the PTS.

On Live with 20 people showing up to take down a geyser? Its awesome! Winner of the "I didn't think it was gonna be good but it totally was!" Award.

I have to give a shout-out to the whole of Vaults of Madness. I've run this dungeon at least a hundred times with friends and its hilarious.

It starts with a boss who's like, "Surely you wont sacrifice one of your friends?!"

Us: "Wanna bet?"

Then there's the Harvester boss who thinks we need a relaxing break in the middle of the fight, platforming (and leaping to our deaths), chances to rush ahead and leave everyone behind to die in a fire, and the contest to see who can leap the farthest over the lake and die, all culminating in a final boss who's mechanic is practically the hokey pokey. You know, "you put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, glass explodes everywhere and oh, look, the boss is dead cause he stood in the AOEs"

I love Vaults of Madness. Hands down my favorite dungeon to run with friends.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE, I have a crush on Molag Kena.
    PvP nothing memorable but I always enjoy getting salty whispers, they make my day tbh
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find so many boss fights where I try to read the red on the ground, read for heavy and magic attacks and react accordingly - only to get knocked on my butt. As the fight progresses, so many times I conclude, 'ignore his mechanics and just burn him down'. Too many bosses ignore taunt, put out red that is too big to move/dodgeroll out of, ignore block. . . .

That is why I love (especially on my tank) the little kagouti WB in Deeshan - Short Tusk. He telegraphs his frequent heavy and magic attacks. If you block / bash interrupt as the tutorial dungeon taught you to, he is easy. If you miss a block or bash though, he will knock you on your butt and can come close to stun locking you or certainly make things get ugly fast. I consider him a beautiful sparring partner for melee.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 25, 2018 11:34AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMoL as a whole is great and imo the best designed trial but specifically the twins are a well designed encounter. If your group follows mechanics theh are easy, but all it takes is one person to wipe the group. It's the ultimate noob filter and you can't get tunnel vision (which I did one time in execute, we all had a good laugh) or you wipe the group, not just kill yourself like other fights.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE, I have a crush on Molag Kena.
    PvP nothing memorable but I always enjoy getting salty whispers, they make my day tbh

It took me almost 2 and a half hours to do that dungeon the first time. Thankfully my pug teammates were patient and instructive. I was the tank and I had to switch out everything for offensive abilities to help kill the kamikaze adds. But in the end it was glorious! Leaping over lightning spokes, roll dodging but not too far out lest you be caught in blue flame. I didn’t think anything could be more difficult lol
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

@ArchMikem
    Yeah but you must be dual wielding to use Twin Slashes, Flurry etc o:)
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE - I second the harvesters at launch...

PvP - the 3 hour defense of Roe during the PvP event. So fun! Until I crashed and had to queue back in and missed the massive defense tick...
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done it for ages, so maybe it's been nerfed along with many others, but I liked the very final fight of the Bangorkai (and hence DC) quest line. The surprise threat in the fight itself was unusual, and the surrounding story was fairly amusing.

I love the Vaults of Madness. I generally hate "colorless land-of-the-dead" areas on MMOs, including almost all of the rest of Coldharbour. But VoM is just so well done that it's wonderful. The fights are good too.

I fought Molag Bal so long ago that that was a good fight, although a bit disappointing given the buildup even then. (How long ago? I prepared by farming Elegance gear for its stamina regen, because I'd read you needed to hold block.)
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Molag bal was awesome though easy as hell to beat.

The final boss of dark brotherhood was amazing

I suppose the end of summerset was good though the loss of a golden knight pissed me off
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My top 3 were my first vet dungeon: Iceheart. I dont remember much about this one, other than it was my first vet dungeon.

My first 6 hour vet dungeon: Scalecaller Peak and the Dragon Priest Zaan. We started that dungeon at like 1 or 2 am and finished around 6 or 7 am.

And my first 3 people in a group, boss kill: Molag Kena. This one it was me, and 3 others, but right after Planar, our healer had to go, so we 3-dpsed Kena on hard mode.

And of course, I have all three of their busts on top of my bookshelf in my main house.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH, and one more. When I first made my mDK a million years ago, it was because I watched this dude on YouTube solo trials with one and I was like omg yes I NEED to be able to do that.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mai'q the Liar - I just met him once in all those years - it was near Daggerfall on the beach in the east.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doshia almost made me quit the game when I first started. She was a beast back then. You didn't have room to get out of the AoE and she would easily just slap you around. Now the fight is nothing. I miss those types of fights.

My first time through vDSA I went in as a healer. Last arena our group leader asked me if I could slot a taunt. I could and did. That was a fun fight.

I used to really like the fight with the guy that puts you in either the red or blue bubble. Going into that fight on vet level with people that didn't understand the mechanics was a blast as a healer. Also has some great dialog associated with it.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Doshia almost made me quit the game when I first started. She was a beast back then. You didn't have room to get out of the AoE and she would easily just slap you around. Now the fight is nothing. I miss those types of fights.

My first time through vDSA I went in as a healer. Last arena our group leader asked me if I could slot a taunt. I could and did. That was a fun fight.

I used to really like the fight with the guy that puts you in either the red or blue bubble. Going into that fight on vet level with people that didn't understand the mechanics was a blast as a healer. Also has some great dialog associated with it.

That's the final fight in Banished Cells 2, which has the same boss as Banished Cells 1, who also was Vanus Galerion's original patron when he established the Mages Guild.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize at first that non-fight encounters were also in the purview of this thread.

1. Anything in the main regional quest for Stros M'Kai is great, especially if it involves Jakarn or his various girlfriends and admirers.

Well, actually, Neramo bores me a bit, but most of the rest is really good.

2. The Hoarfrost Downs quest chain is hilarious, especially if you take one of the bad-poetry options in the third quest. (Hoarfrost Downs is the next town east of Rivenspire.)

3. Molag Bal has a lot of good stuff to say at dolmens.

4. Anything involving Velsa tends to be good. (Major NPC in the Thieves Guild quest chains.)

5. Abnur Tharn may be the best indicator of all. Every encounter I can think of involving him is really good.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Architect is one that comes to light the mechanics are very pretty when he breaks the glass
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in PVE it was whrothgar's unfinished dolmen solo without changes for my regular build =D

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime i get ganked and survive
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Anytime i get ganked and survive

That’s always fun. The first mid year mayhem I was in Cryo with my Nightblade tank and another NB tried to gank me off my horse. I was holding block in the middle of a field while the whole Zerg rode by super alert to threats in the area. I was like, “Not today brother”

The thing with gankers, if they can’t get you in one hit they move on. I didn’t even have to fight back, just prove that I can’t die.

Which brings me to my favorite pvp fight. Same event on my pve Templar healer. It took 5 blues to take me down as I ran between keeps. I ran them for miles, not fighting back just outhealing them. When they finally killed me I burst out laughing because of how ridiculous it was for 5 warriors to chase down a cloth robed priest and have such a tough time killing him lol