The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can storage trunks be open to guests?

Ecileh71
Ecileh71
✭✭✭
I don't craft, but my husband does...is it possible for me to put a storage coffer in my house, give him access, and then dump all my mats into it for him to pick up? I have been mailing them to him, but it's a pain...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but you could create your own guild, and unlock a guild bank (with friends or by making throwaway accounts on the free weekends) and use that to freely trade.

My SO and my IRL friends have a guild bank we use to store mats so we can craft for each other's alts.

Unfortunately, I doubt ZOS will let us open the storage chests to other players because its too hard to police.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 24, 2018 7:28PM
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    I think if a player owns a storage coffer and they go to a house with a coffer they should be able to open it and retrieve their items.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madhattr64 wrote: »
    I think if a player owns a storage coffer and they go to a house with a coffer they should be able to open it and retrieve their items.

Yes, but you can't retrieve items that belong to someone else, which is what's being asked for here.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, the guild bank is the way to do this.

Problem is, you have to go to the Banker to access inventory for your Guild.

If all alts are end game, then the mat overhead is not all that bad, especially if you use Outfits or Costumes as you can ignore all the style mats. So you have 3 mats, 3 or 4 trait mats, and one style stone. Then, for foods and drinks, less than 10 ingredients, if that many, for any given character. Same with alchemy, although

So, the crafting storage is really easy if you pair it down to basics.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ecileh71
    Ecileh71
    ✭✭✭
    Gah. Bummer.

Thanks, everyone.
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    Guild bank or mail them.