The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tanking Discussion: Brands of the Imperium / Resistances on Damage Shields

Ir0nB34r
Ir0nB34r
✭✭✭
So now that shields will be getting the users resistances, could Brands of the Imperium finally be more useful? It'll synergize very well with Lord Warden too, giving everyone within 8 meters of the tank a constant resistance and shield buff. (Standing within the Wardens ring also gives the DPS a good visual indication of where to stack, making things easier on the healer) Then add Ebon onto this? You have the ultimate group survival tank.

I also think this will be much more important for DPS players who will be affected by the shield cast time changes.

[XBOX][NA]
Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
(Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
"If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The newer content does require a lot of movement and being near the tank is not always advisable. Warden has been used when melee are present and damage can be in their area, but again, with the newest content melee are not so common. Imperium is in the same boat.

In fights where melee are near the tank like vMoL Rakkhat and especially HM Warden has been used. I do not recall seeing a lot of Warden in vHoF.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played with Brands for a little while, and the problem with that set isn't the strength of the damage shield, it's the effect radius. There are too many situations where my allies are just not going to be that close to me. I run with randoms most of the time, and they... well... they run all over the darned place. Usually nowhere within 8 meters of me.
  • Samsgaard
    Samsgaard
    ✭✭✭
    I so want Imperium to work in some build. My templar "Paladin" tank is waiting on one more "right" piece just to have a little fun with it. But yeah, 8 meters is not a lot. Not even in dungeons.

Also, RNG shields are not that helpful. Maybe Imperium has great uptime; I just don't know.

Iceheart, which is based on damage done (not damage taken), has great uptime in my experience, as long as you keep AOEs going. My warden Ice Tank is looking forward to the Iceheart shield getting resistance. Not sure it will make up for the loss of Arctic Blast, however.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a tank using it, it's quite good for the melee dps though. And the shield does proc often in my run times.

There's a few others that caught my attention the moment this damage shield change was up in pts. Undaunted bastion and hatchling shell to name a few. It's more selfish, but it does get the job done. Imperium has better stats though.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctuary only has 10 meters range and healers us it all the time.