Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should armor type have a movement modifier

Illuvatarr
Illuvatarr
✭✭✭✭✭
Name says it all. Should folks in lighter armor move more quickly than those in heavier armors? If I am wearing gym shorts, should I move faster than you if you are in full platemail?

Should armor type have a movement modifier 53 votes

Yes
56%
Nestorkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESObarrrtBughoundMerlin13KAGLIlluvatarrSugaComaRebornV3xChunkyCatSomewherebardx86Ankael07Jurand80susmitdsKram8ionVogtardLordMitchell123NoMoney4GMicah_Bayersharquez 30 votes
No
26%
idkjimmulvaneyDefiltedQbikenBNOCAcadianPaladinSilverIce58ak_pvpp00txDarkenarlolHeimpaiFinviusweZavijahEliteWarrior 14 votes
Maybe, I would need to see a proposed system
16%
HidesFromSunEirellaFroilWrathOfInnosLittlePinkDotJobooAGSdb0ssmanStarlockRed_Feather 9 votes
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all movement speeds need to be increased, both sneak speeds as well as mount speeds AND walking and running speeds.
    right now it is like we are crawling in mud, i Hate it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If nothing else, Heavy should have a movement penalty. Medium oddly enough already offers a speed boost if you have the passive.

Also, never really understood how medium has better stealth as the two leather jackets I have make more noise than most of my cloth jackets.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If armor type gets a further movement modifier, I'd like everyone to have to unequip their armor when they swim.

I mean, heavy armor not slowing you down when you run is not the most unbelievable thing we do on a daily basis.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why do we have to nerf movement speed??? At what point did your death recap say swift on it? or dude was so fast you fell over?
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If nothing else, Heavy should have a movement penalty. Medium oddly enough already offers a speed boost if you have the passive.

Also, never really understood how medium has better stealth as the two leather jackets I have make more noise than most of my cloth jackets.

Medium only offers a speed boost for sprint, though, which is very different from offering a speed boost outright.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Defilted wrote: »
    Why do we have to nerf movement speed??? At what point did your death recap say swift on it? or dude was so fast you fell over?

Ladies and gentlemen. Someone who doesn't know how balance works. Shall we bring back permablock and infinite roll, because its not on death recaps.

Slower and melee classes need to be able to (soft) counter them (and actually darn hit them) but the only option is snares/roots which either basically permenantly lock them in place, or are completely ignored.
    Edited by ak_pvp on September 25, 2018 12:27AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would vote no. To support the 'yes' answer is to support a nerf to heavy armor.

I personally like the heavy armor playstyle. Everyone being easy to kill and being glass cannons is not enjoyable.

Heavy armor is not over performing because it is widely available, and a nerf to movement speed is not something that is needed.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe, I would need to see a proposed system
    It depends on how armour will be balanced around that movement speed.

I'd tentatively say no if it's just to make it more realistic, but reality is unwavering in it's stance on being unfair and people just having to accept it, and I doubt people would be chill with actual realism in this game.
  • EliteWarrior
    EliteWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Nah, Heavy Armour DK's are slow enough, don't nerf us anymore D:
    PC | EU
    Main: Stam DK
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    this will not solve the problem with speedpots+swift stamina builds in pvp

this will not solve the problem with broken proctard builds in pvp

this will make pve tanks stupidly slow (i don't want ironblood set negative effect as permanent debuff on my tank ty)

as for movement speed in gym shorts and full platemail...

a well and regularly trained person can RUN in armor fast and for significant distances IRL

while someone who rarely does any physical activities (bookish mage) gonna have hard times even

while wearing gym shorts =)
    Edited by Darkenarlol on September 25, 2018 9:40AM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Ladies and gentlemen. Someone who doesn't know how balance works. Shall we bring back permablock and infinite roll, because its not on death recaps.

Slower and melee classes need to be able to (soft) counter them (and actually darn hit them) but the only option is snares/roots which either basically permenantly lock them in place, or are completely ignored.

Understand balance just fine. Have characters that use swift and have some that do not. Either way I am not sure why this needs a nerf. I also understand that just became it is not on the death recap a skill or ability cannot have an impact on game play.

Not one person who calls for a nerf on swift/speed pots has yet to come with a reason why this needs to happen. The player is to fast and I cannot be bothered with trying to kill the player is not a reason IMO that matters.

Nerfing swift is a awful idea. There should be a sacrifice to your characters for being faster, not slowing everyone down becasue players are annoyed. This sacrifice should also not kill the trait and make it useless either.

Also now there is a non-CP battlegrounds that adding swift impacts your character more than it does in a CP cyro campaign. This is the kind of change that needs to happen , if any change has to take place at all.

Based on my own experience in CP Cyro play killing players with swift does cause me to change my strat but it can be done with small changes in how I approach a fight. Currently I am not running swift, just speed pots and this makes it simple enough for me to get these players and kill them.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Understand balance just fine. Have characters that use swift and have some that do not. Either way I am not sure why this needs a nerf. I also understand that just became it is not on the death recap a skill or ability cannot have an impact on game play.

Not one person who calls for a nerf on swift/speed pots has yet to come with a reason why this needs to happen. The player is to fast and I cannot be bothered with trying to kill the player is not a reason IMO that matters.

Nerfing swift is a awful idea. There should be a sacrifice to your characters for being faster, not slowing everyone down becasue players are annoyed. This sacrifice should also not kill the trait and make it useless either.

Also now there is a non-CP battlegrounds that adding swift impacts your character more than it does in a CP cyro campaign. This is the kind of change that needs to happen , if any change has to take place at all.

Based on my own experience in CP Cyro play killing players with swift does cause me to change my strat but it can be done with small changes in how I approach a fight. Currently I am not running swift, just speed pots and this makes it simple enough for me to get these players and kill them.

I will give you a very good reason. Swift is the reason stamina builds completely dominate this game. You can’t escape them, their kits provide essentially non stop snare immunity and they are impossible nearly to solo since they can slot heavy armor and do more burst dos than light armor classes. Do you really think that is balanced? There should be survivability issues the more burst you can do. Light armor/Magicka classes (Sorcs especially) classes pay this. Stamina classes do not.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on September 25, 2018 3:32PM
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    No
    They already addressed this a while back, (with One Tamriel, I think?) and Heavy does move slower than Medium and requires more stamina when sprinting than Medium. Medium base-speed is slower than Light, but Medium gets a boost because of passives. Light is the fastest base-speed but does not get a boost because it is magica-based. Medium is stamina-based.
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    I will give you a very good reason. Swift is the reason stamina builds completely dominate this game. You can’t escape them, their kits provide essentially non stop snare immunity and they are impossible nearly to solo since they can slot heavy armor and do more burst dos than light armor classes. Do you really think that is balanced? There should be survivability issues the more burst you can do. Light armor/Magicka classes (Sorcs especially) classes pay this. Stamina classes do not.

I do agree however, that the swift trait shifted the balance that was put in place. At the same time, if a player is going to use their jewelry trait option for more movement speed then they should be rewarded with more speed, right? What they are trading in is recovery, max stats, more damage etc. So they accel at one element that you do not but are handicapped in a different fashion that you are not, which sounds like balance to me.

It is all about adapting your play style to the current status quo, because even if they "re-balance" it, something else will shift that balance once again. If you adapt in several ways and it is still unbalanced THEN it is broken. So in your case maybe shift your focus from damage, to crowd control? or stamina-sapping?
    Edited by jimmulvaney on September 25, 2018 4:09PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha yeah lets make tanks more annoying to play. :D

Just another plausible pvp idea that has no place in pve.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I never understood how characters in heavy armor could move as fast as ones in light armor. It defies the logic behind every other ESO game and basically every RPG for that matter. Always thought it was weird.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    I never understood how characters in heavy armor could move as fast as ones in light armor. It defies the logic behind every other ESO game and basically every RPG for that matter. Always thought it was weird.

yes its wierd that my fantasy lizard man who channels molten rock spikes from his body, breathes fire, and conjures a fiery whip while wearing some armor can move as fast as an elf man in a bath robe.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hell yes!

Make heavies absorb more stam. Lights less!

I feel this is a huge disadvantage to light armor as it works now. Other than the recovery and shield bonuses with light, movement is worse than a heavy DK made of rock and metal.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. yes lets nerf heavy armor while the light armor wearers sign a petition to keep the shields that make them more durable and invincible than any heavy armor wearer.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    In general I'd say yes, but on this I have to say "not until they fix the CCs in this game". I'm already too slow to get away in open world, and I already get tied down by back-to-back, neverending, unbreakable CCs, no matter how much stamina I have on my bar, and Unstoppable pots only work sporadically.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero