The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game freezes on character log out

Maythor
Maythor
✭✭✭✭
Today I was in game trying to do a few writs, and each time I logged out of a character my game would freeze and I could not force close it.

Each time I was forced to log out of my windows account to be able to restart the game and log in again.

Any idea what might be going on?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you updated your addons? If yes, have you tried without any addons?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    It still did it with all addons off. Seems to do it on all my guys (or at least the top 6 on my list).

I've stuck it on repair in the background to see if that makes a difference.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    A repair would seem to have fixed it, there was still a stutter and a jitter, but the game logged out to my character screen.

Thanks for the reply Nestor and hope all is well with you!