Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Building a Dracomancer

Perashim
Perashim
✭✭✭
Hello!

I could really use some help building and refining this idea I had. A brief summary of this would be a MagKnight DPS that focuses on using "dragon" abilities. Here's what I have so far:

Bar 1: Destro Staff

Ultimate: Elemental Rage

Main Bar:
Engulfing Flames
Burning Embers
Force Pulse
Flames of Oblivion
Coagulated Blood

Bar 2: Destro Staff

Ultimate: Ferocious Leap

Main Bar:
Burning Talons
Drain Essence
Eruption
Inner Light
Elemental Drain

Sets: Burning Spellwave, ????

This is all I have so far, how can I improve this and what kinds of sets would really compliment this build?
Despair for the Living...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing essentially the same thing with an Argonian, as a concept character. I'm trying to make her dragon-like. Engulfing Flames is a must. LOL! She won't be good enough for veteran end-game content (probably), but she'll be super fun to play in regular PvE. She's only level 23 now, though (started her last week), so I can't be much help to you regarding what sets I'm planning on using yet.
    I have to say, though, that I use the Grothdarr monster set on another character, and I'm in love with that set. So, I'll probably use that for her later. https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Grothdarr+Set
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of content are you planning to do with your character? PvE or PvP?
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭

I plan on doing PvE only with it.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »

Then I have good news for you!

The current meta for PvE endgame MagDKs should fit your Dracomancer-style.
    Look up Alcast builds or just search for "eso wolfhunter magdk pve"-builds on Google/YouTube.

I am currently not up-to-date with the best sets for MagDk, which is sad since he is actually my main, but I would try:

Bar 1: flamestaff (infused, shock/berserker)

Flame Lash
    Burning Embers
    Engulfing Flames
    light armor shield
    Inner Light

Bar 2: Maelstrom flamestaff (infused, flame/daedric(if you use deadric for specific bosses, use flame on frontbar))

Ultimate: Standard of Might

Flames of Oblivion
    Rearming Trap
    Blockade of Fire
    Eruption
    Inner Light

Spellpower-pots
    witchmother bufffood for max hp, max mag and mag reg (you won't be able to sustain otherwise)
    Race: Darkelf (best), Highelf
    mundus: thief (I think)

Armor: 5-1-1 (5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy)
    Monsterset: Zaan (best), Valkyn Skoria (for more range/survivability)
    body/jewlery: Burning Spellweave/Siroria/Silk of the Sun/Elfbane(but only on jewlery and two armor pieces, because it's a heavy set)
    remaining body/jewlery + Main bar flamestaff: Burning Spellweave/Mother's Sorrow
    Backbar: as said: Maelstrom flamestaff

all pieces divines and with max magicka enchantment.
    jewlery: 3 arcane/2 arcane 1 infused/2 arcane 1 bloodthirsty (i dont know, test it :P)

Hope I could help, good luck!

Edit: I was able to run (and clear) every vet Dungeons (hm, no death) and vet Trial HM (except vAS hm, which i cleared with my MagBlade and vCR+3, which I simply didn't try yet) with this setup, just different sets (back then Mechanical Acuity was meta). Also vMA flawless with a little bit of switcherino of some skillerinos.
    Edited by Protossyder on September 24, 2018 4:10PM
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭

Look up Alcast builds or just search for "eso wolfhunter magdk pve"-builds on Google/YouTube.

I am currently not up-to-date with the best sets for MagDk, which is sad since he is actually my main, but I would try:

Flame Lash
    Burning Embers
    Engulfing Flames
    light armor shield
    Inner Light

Bar 2: Maelstrom flamestaff (infused, flame/daedric(if you use deadric for specific bosses, use flame on frontbar))

Flames of Oblivion
    Rearming Trap
    Blockade of Fire
    Eruption
    Inner Light

Spellpower-pots
    witchmother bufffood for max hp, max mag and mag reg (you won't be able to sustain otherwise)

body/jewlery: Burning Spellweave/Siroria/Silk of the Sun/Elfbane(but only on jewlery and two armor pieces, because it's a heavy set)
    remaining body/jewlery + Main bar flamestaff: Burning Spellweave/Mother's Sorrow

jewlery: 3 arcane/2 arcane 1 infused/2 arcane 1 bloodthirsty (i dont know, test it :P)

Edit: I was able to run (and clear) every vet Dungeons (hm, no death) and vet Trial HM (except vAS hm, which i cleared with my MagBlade and vCR+3, which I simply didn't try yet) with this setup, just different sets (back then Mechanical Acuity was meta). Also vMA flawless with a little bit of switcherino of some skillerinos.

Yay! Thank you very much, but would it be considered okay to swap in Inhale and Dragon leap?
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭

Flame Lash
    Burning Embers
    Engulfing Flames
    light armor shield
    Inner Light

Flames of Oblivion
    Rearming Trap
    Blockade of Fire
    Eruption
    Inner Light

Spellpower-pots

Yay! Thank you very much, but would it be considered okay to swap in Inhale and Dragon leap?

Well, depends on the content. For Trials that makes no sense, sorry (because you will lose dps), but for dungeons and overland content it will be fine. Swap out Standard of Might for the Leap and rearming trap for inhale. Definitely more AoE and better survivability for large Mob groups.

PC - EU