The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will stam or mag characters be stronger in Murkmire?

mojomood
mojomood
✭✭✭
By stronger, I mean higher dps in PvE and all around better in PvP. This is not focused on support roles.
Edited by mojomood on September 23, 2018 7:19PM

Will stam or mag characters be stronger in Murkmire? 46 votes

Stam in PvE and PvP
47%
SchattenfluegelJoker99RebornV3xSomewherevisionalityTinus_92UrbanMonkBiro123Micah_BayerBigBadVolkfrankwchenzoKingExecrationSparr0wPriyasekarsskCyrrius_Ahala_Dashmattfrostz417MooseKnuckles88codestripper 22 votes
Stam in PvE, Mag in PvP
2%
kollege14a5 1 vote
Mag in PvE, Stam in PvP
45%
SolarikenCronopolyLatiosKanarEmma_Overloadleepalmer95Oberon45Silver_StriderthankyouratSilverIce58SelfTherapybiztardak_pvpLittlePinkDotMerlinPendragonZatoxdb0ssmanMoonsorrowDrako_EiOzazz 21 votes
Mag in Pve and PvP
4%
CerboltWildRaptorX 2 votes
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag in PvE, Stam in PvP
    No change here from current,
    In PVE mechanics dictate who can actually DPS in movable fights & insta-gib mechanics for being too close to bosses.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag in PvE, Stam in PvP
    Shields or no shields, range > melee.

Stam has always been better for solo/ small scale in pvp because of the mobility.

Though if you're zerging then magicka is fine too, 1 healbot is in a zerg is worth like 10 players.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam in PvE and PvP
    tbh its hard to say, in old trials with PTS 1 changes it will be stam for old trials and a few mag for ranged mechanics, for mini still magblades, for pvp stam will be a lot stronger and mobile then mag, but mag will survive in heavy
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag in PvE, Stam in PvP
    Stamina will be massively overpowered in PvP, just like it has been for the last 2+ years.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Mag in PvE, Stam in PvP
    The unsatisfying but probably accurate answer is that it is hard to say. Most of the big Mag nerfs in the upcoming patch effect survivability and role differentiation more than dps per se. For example, the cast times on shields will only marginally effect dps itself, but will drastically effect survivability. A dead dps can't do damage which might cause some players to rebalance their toons since they can't emergecy survive with a shield and constantly casting shields would be a big resource drain.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    This is much closer than I thought it would be. TBH there was no doubt that mag was stronger (when considering survival as part of a trial) in previous patches. But considering that mag builds may need to adjust for survival and potentially lose a little dos made me think stam may be better in PvE. However, as someone pointed out, trial mechanics dictate ranged dps in so many instances. So Bow single target only vs MagBlade/Sorc is not even close.

There is no debating that stam has been stronger in PvP for years and is getting even stronger this patch. I would love to see that balanced with significant more damage buffs to light armor. With the shield change, light will be glass but not cannons.