The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necropotence + Bright-Throat’s Boast for insane max magicka are shields gonna be OP ???

daemonor
daemonor
✭✭✭✭
Oh wait :)
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, what shields? Lol
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

All my Stamina main friends in PVP are very quiet now. They already are top dogs in Open world PVP. When I talk to them they just smile... As if saying we feel for you Magicka guys lol. I know they figure they'll have about 3 to 4 weeks to kill the last remaining Light Armor wearers in PVP before ZOS makes some adjustment...should this travesty go live.

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This build would've been so broken OP on a magwarden before the nerfs lol :cry:
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hulking draugr gives more stamina than this set gives magicka. and afaik no one use hulking draugr in pve?
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    hulking draugr gives more stamina than this set gives magicka. and afaik no one use hulking draugr in pve?

This set is not a comparison to Hulking. It is a Magicka version of Bone Pirate.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    raj72616a wrote: »

This set is not a comparison to Hulking. It is a Magicka version of Bone Pirate.

Edit: nevermind.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 24, 2018 9:12AM
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

All my Stamina main friends in PVP are very quiet now. They already are top dogs in Open world PVP. When I talk to them they just smile... As if saying we feel for you Magicka guys lol. I know they figure they'll have about 3 to 4 weeks to kill the last remaining Light Armor wearers in PVP before ZOS makes some adjustment...should this travesty go live.

Nice fabrication. All my stamina friends are super hyped and gloat just thinking about misery magsorc is gonna get.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Breton Mag Sorc just slotted 1 pet, the volatile fa,miliar, changed to Necropotence and spinners and does now only PVE, my Mag DK Heavy Build will still be fine in PVP, my Warden is a Werewolf Khajiit Stam, got his Gear together(5 Green Pact, 5 prisoner Rags and 2 bloodspawn monster set, my Argonian Templar Healer i have to see, as Im in the process of lvl him up but yeah, i forget about Mag Sorc for the Time being
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Zoal_AUG
    Zoal_AUG
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Mag dk light armor mag templar light armor will live and strong only filthy shieldstackers will have to adapt
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Nice fabrication. All my stamina friends are super hyped and gloat just thinking about misery magsorc is gonna get.

Tells a lot about them. But nevermind, you guys probably can't capitalize on the nerfs of others anyway when mS stay out of pvp for good.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Tells a lot about them. But nevermind, you guys probably can't capitalize on the nerfs of others anyway when mS stay out of pvp for good.

Tells a lot about them, yes. And I mostly agree with them. No more one button defense wonders. Finaly sorcs will have to slot few impen pieces as well.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Tells a lot about them, yes. And I mostly agree with them. No more one button defense wonders. Finaly sorcs will have to slot few impen pieces as well.

What do you think magsorcs wear now? [E: Do you think e.g. stamblades wear all impen and no well fitted?]
    How many buttons do you press for breath of life, cloak, dodge or block?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 24, 2018 10:13AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Do people really believe this nonsense? My current build on live has 4000 Crit Resistance thanks to CP and Impregnable. Sorcerers who don't wear any Impenetrable die FAST on the live server and always have.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

What do you think magsorcs wear now? [E: Do you think e.g. stamblades wear all impen and no well fitted?]

You compare skill that made shieldstackers immune to crit and take no damage with block where you are not immune to crit and you take portion of damage?
    And while you dodge you would still suffer dots, AoE and similar.

Face it, shieldstacking is easy mode, especially in PvE. Next patch it will be changed, we are yet to see how. Prove that you are as good as you think you are, adapt and go on. BTW cloak is nerfed too, it will require pin point accuracy to dodge attacks.
    And if you are unable to counter cloak in 2k18, you are simply not good enough.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

You compare skill that made shieldstackers immune to crit and take no damage with block where you are not immune to crit and you take portion of damage?

Face it, shieldstacking is easy mode, especially in PvE. Next patch it will be changed, we are yet to see how. Prove that you are as good as you think you are, adapt and go on. BTW cloak is nerfed too, it will require pin point accuracy to dodge attacks.

I main a stamsorc so that shield nerf doesn't force me to adapt. But like you said it so nicely:
    And if you are unable to bring down shields in 2k18, you are simply not good enough.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Same thing could be said for shields:
    "If you can't counter shields in the current year, you're simply not good enough"

And no magicka user shieldstack in PvE. Maybe if you're progressing through vMA for the first time, but otherwise you only use one shield.
    Edited by Qbiken on September 24, 2018 10:32AM
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I was about to say... ;)

"If you can't counter shields in the current year, you're simply not good enough"

And no magicka user shieldstack in PvE. Maybe if you're progressing through vMA for the first time, but otherwise you only use one shield.

I can counter shields. Next patch I might not have to, and Im glad.
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    why necro when you could just shackle?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zoal_AUG wrote: »
    I was about to say... ;)

Mag dk light armor mag templar light armor will live and strong only filthy shieldstackers will have to adapt

Its not like magsorc have any other defensive skills that keeps them alive.

Even if you just use Hardened+Healing Ward the defense is severely compromised.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Oh, I can counter cloak very well too when I'm on my stamsorc. But I won't sit at home and giggle my arse off when someone decides to nerf it. But whatever floats your boat, even if it's just schadenfreude.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Oh, I can counter cloak very well too when I'm on my stamsorc. But I won't sit at home and giggle my arse off when someone decides to nerf it. But whatever floats your boat, even if it's just schadenfreude.

So you cry over magsorc fate. That is very sad, what will happen to them. Hahahaha
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

While I don't support the shield nerf, you're definitely exaggerating. LA is working just fine for me.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

So you cry over magsorc fate. That is very sad, what will happen to them. Hahahaha

Indeed it is, nearly as sad as your never succesfull longing for a stam whip.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

Indeed it is, nearly as sad as your never succesfull longing for a stam whip.

No need to get personal, kiddo
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the extra recovery, I wonder how much Magicka you can actually get combining the two sets.

Currently in PVP, on live, I am running Necro, Grace of the Ancients, Willpower staff, and 1 illambris, 1 domihaus. I get 55K magicka on my Warden with no Undaunted passives. I've also hit similar magicka running necro and destro mastery.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Outside of the extra recovery, I wonder how much Magicka you can actually get combining the two sets.

Currently in PVP, on live, I am running Necro, Grace of the Ancients, Willpower staff, and 1 illambris, 1 domihaus. I get 55K magicka on my Warden with no Undaunted passives. I've also hit similar magicka running necro and destro mastery.

Just a shame max mag builds won't work anymore, with all this need for more impen, resists, sustain, even more stam for blocking/dodging(no well-fitted anymore)..

It kind of feels like when they fixed miats and nerfed frags at the same time...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

One defence wonder ?

You can easily one bang a sorc through a full hardened ward. If you can't do that it says a lot about you.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say... ;)

One defence wonder ?

You can easily one bang a sorc through a full hardened ward. If you can't do that it says a lot about you.

seems u guys fight some very bad sorcs. Or having lucid dreams of one shotting sorcs trough shields.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter to me because I quit PvP and will just play less from now on, regardless of changes. ZOS helped me spend my time better by making those PTS changes. Life's good.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No we can already get that high with out it. Its just going to be easy access. We are all going to have to trade a out 6000 magicak for a resistance set would be my guess. I already switched my monster helm to chudan.

I honestly dont like the slot ward takes or the fact that it has to be spammed anyways to stay alive.

There are other build ideas out there somone will figure out bis for sorcs and we will all just keep killing stuff.

I think we will see some builds thats live with out shields the tears will flow like a river.