The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New at this game.. don't really know much except for what I've read and saw on videos..

MadGhost
MadGhost
Soul Shriven
I'm not really a newby in the game.. I've been playing for years.. but of course.. I've been playing it all WRONG... Before now.. I just played to have fun.. I knew nothing and really didn't care about the strategies and the builds and all that.. I just played. I never purposely tried to make a build.. I kinda did with my last character but it's not very good... or what I've been told it isn't I don't like Crafting it's boring... so I just rob pillaged and plundered to get stuff to sell and get gold.. to buy stuff I wanted from the Guild stores. My Character is called Clown Cat... and I do pay for ESO plus. I have at this time...And I'm using my own words here.. I read a lot of messages here that seem to be written in some Gamer Language that I don't understand... so forgive me I I seem crude in my descriptions. I am right now Champion level 729. I am a Khajit..Nightblade. I have mostly stamina... 21101, Health 18807, Magicka 12358... / My armor Plague Dr helm - heavy ,Plague Dr Grieves - heavy , Lekis bracers -med , lekis boots - med, arm cops hundings rage -med, Jack of Hundings rage - med, belt of Hundings rage - med, Lekis ring 2 of them, Lekis necklace, All my weapons are hundings rage - Duel axes, and bow.
All of these o my armor, jewelry and weapons are highest yellow version possible. I can easily beat just about any character in the game.. EXCEPT the group areas.. and PVP... I SUCK at PVP and don't play it much.. because I suck. My problem mostly is finding people to do group areas together... I usually can't get anyone.. except with the dungeon finder... Other than that I have to pretty much avoid the group areas... the big bosses... the Trials... etc.. I've never done a Trial because I can never find anyone to do it with. I have no friends or anyone I know that play this game. PVP sucks because I guess my build or whatever you call it.. isn't good enough to fight a person. One to one combat I usually win... but when there in a game with a group.. I'm toast in seconds. When people have challenged me.. I won most of the time.. I have lost only 2 duels. I don't challenge people.. but they seem to want to Challenge me. I just wish there was a dungeon finder that would help find GROUPS to join..to do group areas.. especially Craglorn... Only time I can do a group area is if I come up on an area and there are people already there for the group event.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to be hard on you, but that format of one long paragraph is more difficult to read. I think you would benefit yourself to break it up into segments to be made more easily digestible.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Madghost,

My 2 main questions:

1. What server/platform are you on?

2. What are your goals in game?

You will likely find helpful people, and people that will have you in their guild assuming that they are on the same server as you.

Do you want to improve your build for dungeons, trials, or PvP or are you happy with solo questing?

You will find that higher level content requires more optimized gear. What is good for dungeons and trials isn't necessarily good for PvP.

Duals are another thing altogether... The fact that you win them does mean that you have a basic understanding of mechanics in the game though.

You can build for things like world bosses and open word group events. I run a pvp build with Troll King, Seventh Legion, and Bone Pirate that does just fine alone on most of them. The idea here is to make a more balanced self sustain build with a bit of mitigation as opposed to a glass cannon DPS build.
    Playing since beta...
  • MadGhost
    MadGhost
    Soul Shriven
    Kojou... I am on a PC and use the North American Server.

I don't have goals except to have fun and win.... there is no actual Winning the game.. but I would like to do better in PVP.. I've played games.. capture the flag.. etc.. and do Ok.. but not great.. I find the bow works better in games than the duel axes..because if you get close with the duel axes most people just kill me. I don''t know the strategy in the game.. You know real strategy between a group comes from talking.. and of course I've never talked to any of them. When a group comes up against 1 player..he is dead. The bow at range at least gives me a running chance.

Person to person duels with me.. are basically hit and run... my axes do best in person to person.. MOST of the time the other person is trying like heck to keep away from me.. I use that to advantage.. because I easily switch to bow.. and use poison... They then try to go for the kill and I switch to duel axes and murder them.. I can't remember the exact name of what I use but it's when you jump someone with the duel wield and put a volley of hits on them.. it also gives me back health.. so the more I hit them the more health I get back.. I have good defensive shields also.. so it's hard to drain my health if you are alone.

I understand about higher level of gear.. needed for PVP.. but I can't find it.. don't know how to get any better.. and don't even KNOW which is better.. I thought the stuff I had was pretty good.. it give me good stamina, health, and some magicka . I've watched some videos on different builds and well.. to be honest didn't understand them because they used that gamer language again.. that I don't understand. The videos usually seem so complicated and act like you can just go out and FIND any gear you need... when it took me a very very LONG time to get the stuff I have... getting gear in the best vers of Yellow possible is very very expensive and can take a LONG time.

Like I said I've been playing this game since it came out.. I pay for ESO plus... It seems so complicated that it's ridiculous... I've seen people with powers that I've never seen in any of the different types of characters... I have had 3 different characters.. started out with a Knight.. then a high elf Sorcerer... and now a Nightblade... I have at one time or another did every possible quest available.. Except the group ones.. and doing the same quest over and over just gets boring. I was really excited about Sumerset.. something new.. I pretty much finished it in a few weeks... searched that entire Island and the other realm... Only thing I want to do is the Trial.. but I have nobody to team up with.
  • MadGhost
    MadGhost
    Soul Shriven
    Toc de Malsvi Sorry.. I didn't realize I actually wrote that much.. I just got carried away and didn't notice how long it was until I posted it.. I'm not sure if it will let me go back and re edit it???
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy ellipsis, Batman! Seriously though, the grammar and formatting of your posts are unreadable. The ellipsis is not a "catch all" replacement for punctuation.
    Edited by asuitandtyb14_ESO on September 23, 2018 11:35PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would help if you could lay out some specific questions you may have so that we can provide better advice.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadGhost wrote: »
    Toc de Malsvi Sorry.. I didn't realize I actually wrote that much.. I just got carried away and didn't notice how long it was until I posted it.. I'm not sure if it will let me go back and re edit it???

In the top right of this thread, you should see a gear symbol. Clicking on that should prompt you to choose to edit it.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..