The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Gifting Houses

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
My stupid question for the year. When I go to a house preview and click on purchase, I see the gift option, but can't figure out how to select it. Can't free the mouse cursor to do it. How do you change the selection?
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    You're not able to gift houses or crown crate items, or expansions. (I think you may be able to gift DLC not sure.)

I find it rather baffling that ZOS has not enabled on their website a way to gift expansions.. I can buy summerset for someone on Steam, but I can't do it if they don't use Steam... I was all set to buy it for two people and cannot.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get it. Why would ZoS show the option to buy the house as a gift on the purchase screen of the housing preview if you can't gift houses?

It serves no purpose other than to, in my case, create angry customer for wasting over an hour of my time as I tried to change the option setting, while also crushing the excitement of the person I was buying the house for...

Seriously, ZoS, not cool, not cool at all.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS please enable House Gifting!! (btw you can usually gift houses, that you don't own yourself, on the PTS - but they haven't fixed the problem that you can't gift a house that you own due to the preview ui lol)
  • Tamisan
    Tamisan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a furnisher, it benefits me to gift in-game housing to family and friends!
    I know now what I was born to do.
    ―Martin Septim