The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[SOLVED] Provisioning recipes and levels

fasecero
fasecero
Can you help me to understand how player levels influence recipes? Please compare the two recipes below, their effects are identical

Recipe: Rabbit loin with bitter greens (blue quality)
Increase max health by 7095 and max stamina by 6491 for 1 hour.
Scales from level 15 to 19
Ingredients
1 small game
2 greens
Requires recipe improvement 1
Requires recipe quality 2

Recipe: Garlic cod with potato crust (blue quality)
Increase max health by 7095 and max stamina by 6491 for 1 hour.
Scales from 150 to 160 (champion points)
Ingredients
1 fish
1 potato
1 garlic
Requires recipe improvement 6
Requires recipe quality 2

The first one have a cap of level 19. let's suppose I have a player with 200 champion points, if I take either of the two positions the effect will be exactly the same? If so, why should I craft the second one, which needs a lot more provisioning development and also requires one more ingredient?
Edited by fasecero on September 22, 2018 2:32PM
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to use the recipe that is scaled for your level. If a CP player tried to use the level 19 recipe the actual effect would be much MUCH smaller than the effect on the appropriately-scaled recipe. As you level up you will see this on gear, potions, and recipes. You can't use level 19 gear on a CP-leveled player any more than you can use level 19 recipes.
  • fasecero
    fasecero

Thanks for clarifying that, Truthsnark. For the first time I dedicate myself to developing provisioning and following a video I bought some recipes and ingredients from guild stores and I arrived very quickly at level 50 (a few hours). Now I am buying new recipes and these doubts appeared when I saw 2 identical recipes, thanks for answering!