The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mount Speed

ZorroDeMar
ZorroDeMar
✭✭
I have notice that some not all mount have different speed. My character is max on all horce attributes but the new Hollowjack rider ride very slow and the hist guar too. But my black sache lion ride very fast. Can all mount ride at the same speed?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZorroDeMar : on which platform and megaserver do you play TESO? ZOS cannot investigate your report without that information. (Please read and follow the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum.)

In reply to your question: all mounts move at the same corresponding speed while either (a) walking, (b) running, or (c) sprinting. A mount moves faster if the rider has learned lessons which increase movement speed. Mounted speed can also be increased by the Major Expedition buff (from potions and abilities) and by using the Rapid Maneuver ability (Alliance War Skill Tree). These buffs "stack", i.e., they are added together to determine how much faster the mount moves than the base speed for walking, for running, or for sprinting (according to whichever one that the mount is doing).

In my experience, some terrain which the mount moves over, such as shallow water or marsh, ordinarily reduces its speed. Where water is too deep, the rider is dismounted and must swim.

What you described is possibly a bug that affects the movement speed of the Hollowjack Rider -?- mount and of the Guar mount, respectively. If you are using any add-on(s) that affect a mount, such as Assist Rapid Riding or Fast Ride,, then disable them and see whether that makes a difference.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi