The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latest skill change, namely Bound Aegis. What can I use instead?

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I need an answer to the following question. I've just started a new build Sorcerer. I've been checking out Best New (2018) Sorc Builds on YouTube.

The one skill they all seem to use is Bound Aegis (armour), because, as they say...

"You just click it on and it stays on all the time".

This sounded great to me until, as of a couple of weeks ago ZOS in their cruel wisdom, decided to change its attributes. The main change is that now when you click on it, it only lasts for... 3 seconds!

So, my question is what option is there that can I use instead. I've been looking, but as yet I haven't been able to find anything suitable?

Were you using it and if so, what have you changed to?
High Elf, NecroVamp
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys

I need an answer to the following question. I've just started a new build Sorcerer. I've been checking out Best New (2018) Sorc Builds on YouTube.

The one skill they all seem to use is Bound Aegis (armour), because, as they say...

"You just click it on and it stays on all the time".

This sounded great to me until, as of a couple of weeks ago ZOS in their cruel wisdom, decided to change its attributes. The main change is that now when you click on it, it only lasts for... 3 seconds!

So, my question is what option is there that can I use instead. I've been looking, but as yet I haven't been able to find anything suitable?

Were you using it and if so, what have you changed to?

If you're not using a Pet as a Sorc, then this is still a good skill to have on both bars as it has a passive ability that increases your Max Magicka (5% i think) while also giving Minor Resolve (phy resistance) and Minor Ward (spell resistance). Another decent one to use is Inner Light from the Mages Guild skill tree, as it has two passives that increase Max Magicka (2%) and Major Prophecy (spell crit increase).
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Donny

Thanx for your swift reply.

For the past four years I've played mainly as a healer.

Here is the YouTube build that I was considering to go with before I found out about Bound Aegis. So as yet it's not entirely written in stone...

1st Bar:
    INNER LIGHT
    DESTRUCTIVE CLENCH
    HARDENED WARD
    BOUND AEGIS
    MAGES WRATH

ULTIMATE:

SUPPRESSION FIELD

2nd Bar:
    BOUND AEGIS
    BLOCKADE OF STORMS
    BOUNDLESS STORM
    POWER SURGE
    LIQUID LIGHTNING

ULTIMATE:

ELEMENTAL RAGE

The guy who offered up this build is also a level or stage four Vampire.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcdNUJg7Qs

Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on September 20, 2018 1:49PM
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most builds running Bound Aegis in 2018 aren't actually activating it, just slotting it for the passives.

You get the max mag and resists whenever it's on your bar--you do really just put it on once and it's always on.

The effect with the laughably short duration is the block mitigation--you don't really need that anyway.

It's a weird ability in it's current iteration, but it is pretty great as a passive slot-and-forget.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    DeadlyRecluse

"but it is pretty great as a passive slot-and-forget."

How then can you tell if it's really on or not?
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeadlyRecluse

"but it is pretty great as a passive slot-and-forget."

How then can you tell if it's really on or not?

Take it off your bar, check your max magicka.

Put it on your bar. Check your max magicka again.

EDIT: Don't think of it as a "skill," just a buff-slot like Inner Light in PvE. Nobody casts inner light in PvE, but it's on a bunch of bars for the passive benefits.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on September 20, 2018 2:34PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st Bar:
    INNER LIGHT
    DESTRUCTIVE CLENCH
    HARDENED WARD
    BOUND AEGIS
    MAGES WRATH

2nd Bar:
    BOUND AEGIS
    BLOCKADE OF STORMS
    BOUNDLESS STORM
    POWER SURGE
    LIQUID LIGHTNING

Some personal preferences here.... For the 1st bar, I'd slot either Crushing Shock (very useful on vet dungeons and trials) or Force Pulse (different morphs on Force Shock in Destro staff) over Destructive Clench. The Force Shock skill is going to be your main spammable. 2nd Bar, I'd drop Boundless Storm. It's a fun skill as it makes you move faster for a few seconds and gives you some resistance, but with any decent squad with a healer/tank it's kinda pointless. I'd either slot Inner Light as well, or go with Haunting Curse as another damage skill (morph of Deadric Curse).

Rotation would be something like this: (LA stands for Light Attack)....Liq Lightning, LA, Haunting Curse, LA, Blockade Storms, LA, Crushing Shock, LA, Crushing Shock, LA (maybe 1 more time depending on how quickly you can light attack weave), and then repeat. The 2nd repeat, DO NOT cast Haunting Curse, but you'd cast it again on the 3rd, 5th, etc.. rotation.

Edited by Donny_Vito on September 20, 2018 3:59PM
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx Both for your input. I'll check out your tips
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, each of these skills are normally slotted only for their passives (no need to ever cast them).

Bound Aegis. +8% magic, +1.3k dual resists. Passive for having a Daedric Summoning line is + health and stam recovery (not important to a magsorc).

Inner Light. +5% magic, +2k crit chance. Passive for having a Mages Guild skill slotted is +2% magic and +2% mag recovery.

My magsorc slots Inner Light but not Bound Aegis.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 21, 2018 5:42PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi AcadianPaladin

The guy in the vid (above) suggested the use of a Clannfear. Not for the skills or passives, that it could bring to the fight. But more by way of the direct assistance it could give to the solo, MagSorc, whilst levelling up. Then after that it could be swapped out for one of the other skills on the list.

However, It would seem to me that being a Vampire would also benefit a MagSorc greatly too. Especially, as many, if not all of their passives can be utilised without actually turning into a Vampire. By just having the ability, as it were.

Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on September 23, 2018 2:38PM
    High Elf, NecroVamp