The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are these new Hollowjack crates going to sell?

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
They seem pretty cool for the Halloween season...but with the main draw being Apex mounts...are people going to buy crates where the top prizes are Halloween themed? Probably not much year round interest in carrying a Jack-O-Lantern around...just wondering if they haven't cost themselves some cash flow by making the crates so specific?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People love spooky-themed stuff, though.

I just want that devil chicken.
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want the zombie skin and personality :)
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of users don’t care if something is epically lore and immersion breaking. This is the one season I will not be buying. Have plenty of gems to get te few things I want.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not personally a fan of them, all I really want is the Glenmoril Witch Robes and I can get that with gems. Won't turn down the free ones though.

But I agree - there are a lot of people that like spooky stuff - hence all the skeleton this and nightmare that that comes out :)
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    For once there is nothing I want, what a shame
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course they will. Seems there are some that will waste toms for a change of something shiny.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my favorite season ever! I love Halloween stuff. And just "Haunted" stuff in general!

It's certainly a lot more thematic than previous Seasons though, I expect it's popularity will be divided.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people definitely will. I love Halloween, I love spooky themes. I’m all about this.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    no...i get there is definitely a group of people that will find these extremely appealing...I just think overall it seems like stuff that will be less "mainstream" for a lack of a better word...The stuff just seems very specific for Halloween...and IMO would have less overall appeal for the larger population...but what do I know :p
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a few things i might want. But this and last season have so far been meh.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else but there's almost nothing in these crates I want. (I never buy crates anyway, but since they started giving away more I've got some gems to spend.)

I don't like the apex mounts, too obviously Halloween themed and they don't suit my characters. The bear is ok but I don't use bears because I don't like their running animation.

The chicken is tempting. If it was 40 gems I'd have got it but I'm not sure it's worth 100. Although when I told my husband there's an evil chicken in my game he (a big fan of the Yakuza series) immediately replied "but does it manage your property for you?" and now I kind of want to get it and set it up with a desk in my house so it at least looks like it's managing my property empire.

The only other items which sort-of interest me are the dog and the cat and I got them from free crates.

(And if you've never played Yakuza 0 yes that article is 100% serious - you win a live chicken in a bowling contest and employ it to run your business.)
    Edited by Danikat on September 20, 2018 6:08PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"