The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is the volenfell dungeon bugged at the moment?

itsJylerTAG
itsJylerTAG
✭✭✭
So a quick question, is it just me or is volenfell bugged?

Guildmates and i have run it three times now, as well as me running it twice with a pug group and the lady just doesn't show up at the end.

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, just to be sure, have you moved around the area she is supposed to spawn in? I have noticed that she does not spawn until it seems like the whole group is up near the WS pillar. I have also seen this one bug out too before and never spawn
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure you’re aware that you have to exit through the door after defeating the three (3) centurion bosses.

After that, report it in-game as a bug.
  • itsJylerTAG
    itsJylerTAG
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we're all well aware of it in our group and we've reported it as a bug. We're simply wondering if anyone else had this issue since the last patch.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Are you letting the skelingtons spawn after defeating the centurion bosses? You don't have to fight them but they have to spawn.

I've also noticed that you stay in combat after exiting through the door and have to leave group to zone out.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • itsJylerTAG
    itsJylerTAG
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, we let them spawn and then ran out. I've done this dungeon several times before and didn't have this issue until that last patch that happened. So far 6+ people in our guild have experienced this issue.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "at the end" does that mean she isn't showing up to the boss room to touch that ball/relic thing that then explodes, or that she does show up there but doesn't show up outside the exit door?
    Edited by Donny_Vito on September 19, 2018 5:05PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that same bug once, and wasn't able to finish the quest.
    Then another time, I had a different bug in Volenfell where the gargoyle boss made me get stuck as petrified stone permanently. Couldn't break out it it, but I could still slide my character around and fight (sort of), although my toon had the appearance of being still petrified.
    And then on a different character, once I didn't have the bug, but my whole group left before I could finish the quest, even though I was begging them to stay because the quest wasn't finished yet.

Volenfell is never good to me. :/
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then another time, I had a different bug in Volenfell where the gargoyle boss made me get stuck as petrified stone permanently. Couldn't break out it it, but I could still slide my character around and fight (sort of), although my toon had the appearance of being still petrified.

This can happen with any gargoyle. I've seen it in Hel Ra Citadel. To fix it: dodge roll.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last time I ran it, she took just forever to show up and we ran all over the place in there. She did show in the end though.
  • itsJylerTAG
    itsJylerTAG
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    And, just to be sure, have you moved around the area she is supposed to spawn in? I have noticed that she does not spawn until it seems like the whole group is up near the WS pillar. I have also seen this one bug out too before and never spawn

We went back and did this, she showed up to turn the quest in. Thanks for the help cause we've never had to do this before.