Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Summerfall Event - Can we do it?

• AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel iffy on this one only because the company tossed out a carrot on a line and we don't know how far that line stretches.
    Options
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    zxeh5KX.jpg
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    I can see why some people are skeptical. Since achievements are character bound I have honestly not given them much thought either. Only on my main character do I go for some that reward a cool title or dye and such.

However, I can almost for sure say that many care about these rewards. They may not care about the achievement itself but they probably care about the rewards. If we hit 100%, who wouldn't want a free house? A house that looks quite grand and spectacular. That mount also looks really cool!

So while some may not care about the achievement, the rewards could persuade them to just get it regardless. As others have stated it doesn't take long.

I am very eager to see what the meter says tomorrow. :)
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    I think we can, for 3 reasons:

1) It's simply not in ZOS's interest to set an impossible goal. I suspect 100% will require at least some people who do not currently own the expansion to buy it because they're using this to push sales, but they'll also know how many copies they expect to sell as a result of it being discounted and will have factored that in.

2) There were A LOT of people in Alinor last night on PC EU asking about which achievement it is, how to complete it and especially how to get to Arteum if they haven't reached that point in the story so I think part of the reason they picked this challenge is a lot of people own Summerset but haven't explored it much - that 20% is the exception rather than the majority of people who have the expansion. (I'm one of those - I got Summerset last time it was on sale but mainly so I could start jewellery crafting, I've got tons of other content still to complete so I hadn't started on the story or exploring.)

3) I've seen similar challenges done in other games and it's always the same - it's announced and everyone is claiming it's impossible, the targets are too high, it's crazy that they expect players to do that...then it almost always succeeds and when it doesn't it's the real 'stretch' goals, often ones added after it started.

(Although this does make me wonder about some of the fundraising at my work - whether it might have the same effect of putting some people off trying because the target seems too high.)

However if you're concerned we won't get the house don't forget to do your part - even if you've already completed it you can switch to the other server (NA or EU) and do it there. It doesn't cost anything or require any special setting up, just select the other server before you log in. Even if you need to make a character and go through the tutorial it doesn't take long and with level scaling you can go straight into doing Summerset.
    Edited by Danikat on September 19, 2018 8:28AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    what worries me is that 100% number. Check me on this...
    but, what accounts for 100%? because, getting all the "eyes" is relatively easy for any one account, which means they have a target number of "accounts" hitting that mark that accounts for the 100%

IF, and I only say if, the 100% was based on the total # of ESO accounts...then I think we're boned - not EVERY person that owns an account still plays, meaning that even if 99.97% of registered eso accounts hit the mark, we're still going to fall short

now, I'd like to think that ZOS understands that, and wouldn't base the 100% mark on total # of accounts, but that would just mean that they picked some arbitrary # of accounts, and we're working up to some percentage of that arbitrary # - if their arbitrary # is based on significantly more accounts than are currently active, we're going to need to get EVERYONE to contribute as fast as possiblle...

I'm just sayin' - it all depends on what ZOS feels is 100% of "accounts"
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    phermitgb wrote: »
    but, what accounts for 100%? because, getting all the "eyes" is relatively easy for any one account, which means they have a target number of "accounts" hitting that mark that accounts for the 100%

IF, and I only say if, the 100% was based on the total # of ESO accounts...then I think we're boned - not EVERY person that owns an account still plays, meaning that even if 99.97% of registered eso accounts hit the mark, we're still going to fall short

now, I'd like to think that ZOS understands that, and wouldn't base the 100% mark on total # of accounts, but that would just mean that they picked some arbitrary # of accounts, and we're working up to some percentage of that arbitrary # - if their arbitrary # is based on significantly more accounts than are currently active, we're going to need to get EVERYONE to contribute as fast as possiblle...

Gina answered that in another thread shortly after this was announced - it's a percentage just because they don't want to tell us the actual numbers. So it's 100% of their target, not 100% of accounts.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    not sure as it's only at 20% now and I assume a lot have already done it that own it so it'd require a lot more purchasing summerset to achieve the goal.
    Options
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    Danikat wrote: »
    phermitgb wrote: »

Gina answered that in another thread shortly after this was announced - it's a percentage just because they don't want to tell us the actual numbers. So it's 100% of their target, not 100% of accounts.

that's mildly reassuring, as it does address my #1 concern - but leaves the 2nd concern pretty much...twisting in the wind. We'll see

either way, I'll do my part thurs night (wed is dinner with my folks- not that anyone asked), log in and grab all the "eyes" - after that, it's out of my hands...
    but thanks for the heads up - I didn't even know that was going to be a thing otherwise...
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
    Options
  • smokey13a
    smokey13a
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure
    I doubt it, I mean if its at 20% I doubt even twice that amount of players would bother trying to complete it especially with all the outrage at the patch notes and stuff.

don't get me wrong I would like to see it happen (which is why I'm doing it on the EU server as I type this and will do it on NA later, glad I play on both :smile: ) but more often then not when something seems too good to be true it is.
    Options
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    I want to believe, but without knowing actual numbers it's hard.
    I'll be interested to see how much it increases by today. It's also a little worrying not knowing numbers or having a live chart as that's very open to manipulation.

Very true Turelus. We have no idea if 100% is 10 000 or 100 000 or more. They did write on twitter that they took several things into consideration when setting the 100% number.

"We want our players to have fun with this event and successfully earn all three event rewards, and we chose a goal with that in mind. While we aren’t disclosing numbers, we can confirm that “100%” does not mean 100% of all players who own ESO or even Summerset."

I would have liked the hard numbers as well, but then again I think that if they gave us the numbers we would get two type of reactions:
    - numbers perceived as ludicrously low (I dunno, 5,000?): ZOMG LOL, that's typical ZO$, they don't believe in their own work, epic fail
    - number perceived as impossibly high (I have no idea, 5,000,000?): ZOMG LOL, that's typical ZO$, they want us to pay with real money while pretending that we could get items in game, epic fail

I think that setting up thresholds that are reasonable and look reasonable to everyone in the forums is outside the realm of reality.
    We're likely better off with vague percentages.

Bottom line:
    giphy.gif
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pay more or I don't do it /s
    Options
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    ZOS_GinaBruno Any chance the threshold needed to unlock the house in the Summerfall Event be changed from 100% to maybe 90%?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

Options
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any chance the threshold needed to unlock the house in the Summerfall Event be changed from 100% to maybe 90%?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

Options
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I think that mount is the cat's pajamas...everyone and their mother is going to be riding it. *doesn't feel like a snowflake anymore. I hope we fail. yes! I'm willing to give up the thing I love the most....my pixel harsee! *sad face* If anyone can have her, I don't want her anymore! *runs away with psijic guar in tow*
    Options
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I do not know what means 100% in that case. And so there cannot be any estimate if we can do it. I think most of the people who own summerset have already got the achievement so 20% it pretty low.
    Options
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope (Don't be negative)
    I dunno. Jerry from Parks and Rec always screwed things up for everyone else.

Way to go, Jerry!
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope (Don't be negative)
    While I think that mount is the cat's pajamas...everyone and their mother is going to be riding it. *doesn't feel like a snowflake anymore. I hope we fail. yes! I'm willing to give up the thing I love the most....my pixel harsee! *sad face* If anyone can have her, I don't want her anymore! *runs away with psijic guar in tow*

Wait. Your cat wears pajamas?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    Probably. If nothing else, I finished the achievement on NA and EU today. Hopefully that helps. I'm still mostly in it for the horse-- how cute is he?
    Edited by jainiadral on September 19, 2018 9:29AM
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    Cadbury wrote: »

Not sure about the person you quoted but one of ZOS's Systems Designers has a cat who actually does wear clothes (because he has anxiety and it helps to manage it). She's called Michelle Flamm and rapidly became one of my favourite people on Twitter, partially because of AlexCat.

Options
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope (Don't be negative)
    But dont worry they will generously offer the house after the event in the crown store for a limited time, for only ~18k crowns! :trollface:
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    I think we can do it.

I already did Savior of Summerset, which includes Summerset Master Explorer and implicitly Summerset Pathfinder on 6 characters before the stated start date. I always complete all DLCs on my characters when they become active. I guess I inadveretently overshot it :)
    Edited by Asardes on September 19, 2018 9:44AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope (Don't be negative)
    Danikat wrote: »

Not sure about the person you quoted but one of ZOS's Systems Designers has a cat who actually does wear clothes (because he has anxiety and it helps to manage it). She's called Michelle Flamm and rapidly became one of my favourite people on Twitter, partially because of AlexCat.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/cat%27s_pajamas#English
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Azariiel_Lunataris
    Azariiel_Lunataris
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    Enokariel wrote: »
    I do not know what means 100% in that case. And so there cannot be any estimate if we can do it. I think most of the people who own summerset have already got the achievement so 20% it pretty low.

100% means that for every 1 person that has completed this achievement since Summerset went live, 4 more people are required to achieve their target of 100%. Many have stated that they owned Summerset and have not done this achievement yet, myself being one of those people (until I completed it today).
    Options
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope (Don't be negative)
    Just had a look at my magic glass sphere, we will get the pet and mount but not the mansion. But dont worry, the mansion will be coming to the crown store shortly afterwards >:)o:)
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure

hs7NGgR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • MehVahdJukaar
    MehVahdJukaar
    ✭✭✭
    Nope (Don't be negative)
    I really hope they'll do a big ol full screen announcement on both the launcher and ingame crown store to warn people about this.
    But still 100% is a though one, since many people that bought summerset might have left the game already without completing it or might be away for that week
    Edited by MehVahdJukaar on September 19, 2018 9:53AM
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope (Don't be negative)
    Glurin wrote: »

hs7NGgR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

tenor.gif?itemid=8487496
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my tinfoilhat theory:
    point of the event: get ppl to persuade friends and family to buy a copy of the game and "participate"
    progressbar = percentage of target for sales

things that bother me with progress bar: no real numbers and current value 20%, like exactly 20,00% not 19,89% or 20,01%? for real?
    i got explorer achiev on 10th june, over the thumb id say 80% of the ppl who own summerset should have the achiev on at least one toon by now, not like its hard or anything.
    if that is really the amount of players who own summerset and have the achievment, getting the pet will be hard.
    in any case, its completely up to zos to decide if the playerbase is worthy to get the stuff or not.
    Options
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! We can do it!
    I think it is possible. When I get home later, I'll be doing my part. 10 days away from my Xbox, so it's catching up time :D
    Edited by KingofAnnwn on September 19, 2018 10:09AM
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
    Options
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    I always expect the worst. Only time will tell.
    Options