Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nerf vampire ugliness

Salvas_Aren
Salvas_Aren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Obligatory nerf call. Looks like the folks of Big Zeni are in the mood of nerfing everyone and their goldfish into the ground.

Nerf vampires' ugliness, make them look awesome and healthy with beast fangs.

004626a19650ac18a5c8d1465c357b4a.jpg
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=9921443
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My attractive Altmer stage 4 vamp is duly offended :p
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Goratesque
    Goratesque
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP image does not show a real vampire look. This is how ugly they should look:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJSp0UrHc74JQ7HBKHxhy5w-9LfbqrQ5vZT5FqImiC9LtSuTn6940aOp1m

Or they should look like this if we consider them making beautiful, but not any other teenager stuff will do:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhTdZOAhMHkTbXj2_9w3ZQkm7dgfqP_18G5l1pbghktGEWA2Ol-XmJ0o626A
    My Guilds:
    PC/EU - EP | Skyrim Lejyonu | GM
    PC/EU - DC | Black Horse Courier | GM
    PC/EU - EP | Siyah Atlı Kurye | GM
    PC/EU - DC | Imperial Trading Company
    PC/EU - EP | Unlimited Undaunted
    My Characters:
    Daggerfall Covenant
    [^]Master Arctus | DD - Magicka Nightblade (Breton, Battlemage of the Empire)
    Khaled al-Bergama | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Redguard, Forebear)
    Brother Marcel | Healer - Magicka Templar (Breton, Monk)
    Lucius Detritus | Tank - Health Necromancer (Imperial, Colovian)
    Sir Armand Dubois | Tank - Health Templar (Breton, Knight)
    Akhenatosh | DD - Stamina Templar (Imperial, Nibenese)
    Shrek Xl | Tank - Health Arcanist (Orc, Swamp Ogre)
    Selena Tharn | DD - Magicka Necromancer (Breton, Vampire)

Ebonheart Pact
    Goras Dagoth | DD - Magicka Dragonknight (Dunmer, Sixth House)
    Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal | Tank - Health Warden (Nord, Undead Kamal)
    Never-Gives-Up | Tank - Health Nightblade (Argonian, Shadowscale)
    Uruk gro-Mauloch | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Mountain Orc of Skyrim)
    Freydis Iron-Shield | Tank - Health Sorcerer (Nord, Champion)
    *Kelvedkaal | DD - Stamina Arcanist (Nord, Dragon Priest)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Robin of Valenwood | DD - Stamina Nightblade (Imperial, Strident)
    Tihullu | Healer - Stamina Warden (Bosmer, Druid)
    *Rilis Xll of Firsthold | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Altmer, Lich High Kinlord)
    Dark Kinlord Sauron | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Dunmer, Xivkyn Dreadguard)
    Prince Taka | DD - Hybrid Templar (Khajiit, Two-Moons Warrior Priest)

[^]This is my Main character overall.
    *This is my Primary character in that Alliance.
    My Primary Residence: Strident Springs Demesne (Arenthia, Reaper's March)
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    I wont get vamp because of the permanent sickly appearance of the red eyes, veins and pale face. Not even for the bonuses. Sorry not sorry. Would however get vamp skill line if the appearance was a choice.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vixenator wrote: »
    I wont get vamp because of the permanent sickly appearance of the red eyes, veins and pale face. Not even for the bonuses. Sorry not sorry. Would however get vamp skill line if the appearance was a choice.

Apparently ZOS has chosen the "if this then that" situation for vampires. I've played TES since Arena released, and over the years I've never had any use for vampires or werewolves. Just way outside what I consider is fun.

Now, I also don't have any interest in vampire/werewolf fiction - except for one series: April White's Immortal Descendants books. Now those are vampires done right. Unfortunately, those are not the ones in ESO....

In the long run, I think that ZOS has chosen the ideal balance (eh, yah - I REALLY hate using that word here) of right hand (giving) against left hand (taking): you can be a vampire, and have some great skills, buffs, etc; but you will also be obvious to everyone by your.... ugliness....

"....and everyone's hand against him...." That's the trade off. If you want those apparently great benefits, you will have to deal with ugly - and everyone knowing what you are. I don't know if in game that means you're fair game for people trying to kill you every time you turn around or not. I don't ever play vampires or werewolves; just not my thing.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on September 19, 2018 3:32AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf vampires' ugliness, make them look awesome and healthy with beast fangs.
    Nah.
    Those are bloodsucking fiends, not sparkly vampire wannabes!

Seriously, the depiction of vampires as sexually attractive did not start until the 19th century. with "Carmilla" and "Dracula". Before the vampires were more... the "walking corpse" kind of creature that had to go and take mortals blood by stealth or force instead of seduction since they might elicit more... revolted gasps then teenage swoons.
    And since the theme of ESO is "middle ages" and not "victorian", well... the current depictions fit very, very well with that general flair.

That being said...

Vampires -could- use a toggle-able skill that allows them to "masquerade" as mortals through magic or something, lowering their appearance level by 1 from their actual vampirism level (meaning a well fed vampire at level 1 will look completely mortal with this). I mean, it makes sense in a world with magic and illusions, Count Ravenwatch does it, and so should we - and having to give up a skill slot for this would be a hefty enough incentive to not overuse it (remember, Verandis also stops his pretense when things start getting serious)

And then... add some incentive to -use- that ability! Npcs starting to react to vampires, with a detection chance depending on percieved (see above) appearance level... say, 20% at level 1, 40% at 2, 80% at 3 and automatic at four. Vendors would refuse to deal with such a monster, dna cry for the guard instead, civilians would flee and the justice guards (yes, those immortal goody-two-greaves) would all pile on the revealed undead to stake them until their final death...

Personally I would love to see even more fun with vampires.
    Like... bring back some of the classics!
    ...let them have a skill that can "charm" mortal "civilian" NPCs, so they can feed from them without their victim crying for the guards! (witnesses would still count tho)
    ...let them have a annoyingly reduced swimming speed, so they have reason to avoid "running water"
    ...let them be able to craft alchemically treated vials to store a feeding woth of blood "for later"
    ...let them become unable to gain any advantage from normal food buffs, but add some drink recipes that include blood vials (see the line above) and give special buffs to vampires!
    ...give them a vampire only sanctuary (reusing the one from the introductionary quest, with some expansions?) where they can meet, have access to vampire-themed crafting stations, buy vampire-themed sets and premade blood vials from a special vendor, sip from willing "renfield" like blood donors, swap bad poetry, whatever...
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see this “nerf“ but for now u can simple cover the vampire skin with other Skins like vHoF, mazzatun, vAS and stuff
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--