What do you think of adding a one minute timer to re-spawning at a keep?

  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    How about no respawn, once you're dead no more cyrodil till the campaign resets

    yea, good idea... call the campaign "Fortnite Sil"
    PC-EU 1k+ CP
    Ghosts and Goblins
    Sexy Squad
    World 3rd Immortal Redeemer (Feb. 2018)
    vHoF 35/36 (208k)
    Stopped playing ESO as my main game since Dragon Bones, glad that other great games exist :>
    Keep spending money on crown crates if you think its gonna make the gameplay better :^)
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    I think they’re should be a timer if you die more than once in a small time frame.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    so many players play backwards if they get attacked, it is their own fault if they die and the more they die, the more AP I get,
    if they lay dead on the floor, I don´t get any AP for that, or in that case there should be a counter, the longer they lay on the floor dead, the more AP you should get.

    you play AvA to kill ppl, so you get points, killing another player that is what it is all about. And if they disturb you while taking a keep, then YOU should think your strategy over, and try to get better.
    Fear not, for I am watchful. You have been chosen.
    Azura, the Daedric Prince of Moonshadow, Mother of the Rose, and Queen of the Night Sky


    Hail to Sithis, blood's drop on blade's edge.
    Before you, nothing. Behind you, the Void.
    Catalyst, agitator, many-fanged maw.
    Whisper your need to the Scales.
    — Inscription found on an Argonian blade
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    Make respawning like forward camps
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    Killing the same players repetitively within a small time frame nets you lesss ap
    Azurya wrote: »
    so many players play backwards if they get attacked, it is their own fault if they die and the more they die, the more AP I get,
    if they lay dead on the floor, I don´t get any AP for that, or in that case there should be a counter, the longer they lay on the floor dead, the more AP you should get.

    you play AvA to kill ppl, so you get points, killing another player that is what it is all about. And if they disturb you while taking a keep, then YOU should think your strategy over, and try to get better.

  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    With the lag and load screens, I'm already waiting about a minute to re-spawn as it is.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on November 19, 2018 5:34PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    Yes...but only after several deaths.

    I'd much rather nerf hand-rezzing after a couple deaths though. Every day I've been in groups that routinely "win" fights skillwise by killing and killing and killing over and over, but then go on to lose the battle after being slowly overwhelmed because you simply can't fight to a decision by stopping all the hand-rezzers.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    What, so other players have more time to teabag the dead ? hell no I've got better things to see and do with my time
    PC/EU - 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    I feel like when groups fight between keeps, it ends up being a never ending battle, until one faction brings 3-4 times the numbers of the enemy. This is mainly because when one faction (faction A) pushes to an enemy keep (faction B), faction A can't put down siege because faction B overwhelms them, not because they just simply beat them in a fight, but because no matter how many times you kill an enemy, they are right back in the fight 5 seconds later, making death meaningless.

    There should be some delay, not the first rez but it should ramp up some from there.

    1st rez instant, 2nd one 15 seconds, 3rd 30 seconds, 4th you get the idea.

    This is a great idea. It would certainly reduce the population of Cyrodiil to a large degree.

    Besides the fact that respawning at a keep that is not burst and the travel time back is the waiting time, who in their right mind thinks wants to stare at a screen for half a minute because they died a couple times in PvP. Then add in the minutes long load screen to actually respawn.

    LOL. So the half a dozen player in Cyrodiil wonder why the zone is so empty. Oh, yes, this idea above. lol
    Really, idk
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    Its a no from me..

    You want to stop the spawns in keeps, you gotta defeat the defenders outside first and get it under siege.. y'know - PVP - fighting actual players and winning.
    These outside defenders only exist because, being outnumbered, they know they can respawn if it goes bad. Without that, they wouldn't leave the walls.

    So instead of PVP outside keeps, they would always just go straight to siege.. How boring.. I guess the PVDoor brigade would like it though...

    Edited by Biro123 on November 20, 2018 11:37AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    The problem, is when 4-5 people attack, say, nickel, and the 10 people in side keep coming out, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I have re-named this the re-spawn zerg. there is literally no cost to them dying, their only goal is to keep you off siege long enough for their friends to get there, even though they already outnumber you....

    also, iv seen alot of arguments about how there is already a timer because of lag and so on... that why the timer can be something like 15-30 seconds, in order to stop the spawn spam, but it wouldn't effect other combat at all, because it takes you more than 30 seconds to reach the enemy keep/mile gate... and if you die within 30 seconds... chill, evaluate your strategy instead of "light attack them down my brethren!"
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    The problem, is when 4-5 people attack, say, nickel, and the 10 people in side keep coming out, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I have re-named this the re-spawn zerg. there is literally no cost to them dying, their only goal is to keep you off siege long enough for their friends to get there, even though they already outnumber you....

    also, iv seen alot of arguments about how there is already a timer because of lag and so on... that why the timer can be something like 15-30 seconds, in order to stop the spawn spam, but it wouldn't effect other combat at all, because it takes you more than 30 seconds to reach the enemy keep/mile gate... and if you die within 30 seconds... chill, evaluate your strategy instead of "light attack them down my brethren!"

    Why should 5 be able to take a keep that's defended by 10?

    If they couldn't spawn theyd just siege the crap out of you from the walls, where there's no risk to themselves, and you still wouldn't take it. Where's the fun in that?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    No, and dying is meaningless in PVP anyway and the sooner new pvpers learn that the better. I don't want a mechanic that penalizes the players that are willing to skirmish to defend keeps.

    Get out there and fight. PUSH!
    Kat Ko, magblade
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    Biro123 wrote: »
    The problem, is when 4-5 people attack, say, nickel, and the 10 people in side keep coming out, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I have re-named this the re-spawn zerg. there is literally no cost to them dying, their only goal is to keep you off siege long enough for their friends to get there, even though they already outnumber you....

    also, iv seen alot of arguments about how there is already a timer because of lag and so on... that why the timer can be something like 15-30 seconds, in order to stop the spawn spam, but it wouldn't effect other combat at all, because it takes you more than 30 seconds to reach the enemy keep/mile gate... and if you die within 30 seconds... chill, evaluate your strategy instead of "light attack them down my brethren!"

    Why should 5 be able to take a keep that's defended by 10?

    If they couldn't spawn theyd just siege the crap out of you from the walls, where there's no risk to themselves, and you still wouldn't take it. Where's the fun in that?
    Biro123 wrote: »
    The problem, is when 4-5 people attack, say, nickel, and the 10 people in side keep coming out, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I have re-named this the re-spawn zerg. there is literally no cost to them dying, their only goal is to keep you off siege long enough for their friends to get there, even though they already outnumber you....

    also, iv seen alot of arguments about how there is already a timer because of lag and so on... that why the timer can be something like 15-30 seconds, in order to stop the spawn spam, but it wouldn't effect other combat at all, because it takes you more than 30 seconds to reach the enemy keep/mile gate... and if you die within 30 seconds... chill, evaluate your strategy instead of "light attack them down my brethren!"

    Why should 5 be able to take a keep that's defended by 10?

    If they couldn't spawn theyd just siege the crap out of you from the walls, where there's no risk to themselves, and you still wouldn't take it. Where's the fun in that?

    Because when 5 people are killing the 10 over and over again because of skill it should be rewarded. Instead he poor gameplay from the 10 is being rewarded by infinite respawns and the inevitable zerg showing up.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    Stupidest thing I ever heard
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    Respawn zerging makes any non surprise sieges hard to pull off without overwhelming power (note: power does not equal numbers)

    Probably not a full minute penalty with the first death... but a short respawn penalty after the second or third death within five minutes would make sense
    Edited by _Ahala_ on November 26, 2018 8:44PM
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    Nah, we're good.
    Edited by Shinshadow on November 26, 2018 9:02PM
  • AllegraLionheart
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    Cogo wrote: »
    Dying should be something you avoid with everything you've got. Most pvpers seams not to care if they die.
    I disagree, but not just because I'm prone to diving in headfirst sometimes... :wink:
    In a Cyrodiil where the numbers of players have been slowly declining over the years, and in which there is already an argument for a more beginner-friendly Cyrodiil (I can elaborate on this more if you'd like), this would be disastrous for anybody who is still green in pvp.

    Essentially, you'd have to be an unkillable veteran of pvp to make much of a difference on the battlefield at that point. Whereas, a brand-new player jumping out into the fray (not wearing impen, for example) and getting two-shot down immediately would make the newbie experience even more miserable with a keep respawn cooldown.
    Bad newbie experience > probably won't stay in Cyro > old players leave > more empty Cyro.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - add the delay.
    Cogo wrote: »
    Dying should be something you avoid with everything you've got. Most pvpers seams not to care if they die.
    I disagree, but not just because I'm prone to diving in headfirst sometimes... :wink:
    In a Cyrodiil where the numbers of players have been slowly declining over the years, and in which there is already an argument for a more beginner-friendly Cyrodiil (I can elaborate on this more if you'd like), this would be disastrous for anybody who is still green in pvp.

    Essentially, you'd have to be an unkillable veteran of pvp to make much of a difference on the battlefield at that point. Whereas, a brand-new player jumping out into the fray (not wearing impen, for example) and getting two-shot down immediately would make the newbie experience even more miserable with a keep respawn cooldown.
    Bad newbie experience > probably won't stay in Cyro > old players leave > more empty Cyro.

    idk about you, but if i get destroyed, i tend to try to get better so it does happen again, not give up. With the way the game is, a 1 min timer wouldn't really effect you unless you were throwing yourself into an enemy, and by that point, you arn't a new player, you know what you are doing coming out over, and over, and over, instead of changing tactics, like getting siege or trying to rage people down from up-top.
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    A timer would be a bad idea IMO. Would also further annoy people raging from dying. :D :D
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    They can do that when an entire faction can't simply run through a breach and win almost every time, the Cyrodil guards start scaling in strength and # based on how many enemies are in the area, and siege can't be laughed off because of sets like Earthgore. Oh, and negate guards 100% of the time on flags.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭
    No - that would slow down pvp far to much.
    Edited by Demra on December 11, 2018 11:57PM
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea as much as I did with 1 second cast times on damage shields.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
Sign In or Register to comment.