Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Zone Size VS Official Map sizes

NatalyaPeterovna
NatalyaPeterovna
✭✭✭
I'll preface with i have basically no technical skills, but summerset seems like tis about the same size or smaller than auradon
but on their official map its 4X larger!
so if anyone knows how this would work could you overlay a map of the actual size/scale of zones over ESO's official map of Tamriel
i think that would just be SOOOOOOOO COOL and just plain interesting
if you have the technical know how and some spare time lets see if the world is as big as they say =p
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you mean size comparison, then here it is: Auridon vs Summerset vs Morrowind
    soXaDPs.png
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were already so many threads and maps about Summerset's size months ago.

I remember people arguing back and forth with tons of photoshopped maps. Someone even wasted time making a YouTube video and timed the running distance.

• NatalyaPeterovna
    NatalyaPeterovna
    ✭✭✭
    no i mean take a pic of the zones figure out their actual sizes vs how big they should b on the map use cuyrodyl as a control i guess since its in the center
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    May-jà Vu.
    PS5 EU.
  • NatalyaPeterovna
    NatalyaPeterovna
    ✭✭✭
    no its not summerset tht im intrested in im interest to see if all the zones are as large as they should be according to the official map >.<
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    To my knowledge definitive sizing of Tamriel has never been provided, but there are a couple points of reference to be able to guess. TESII Daggerfall was apparently 62k square miles, about the size of Oklahoma. The heart of Red Mountain is also explicitly stated to be 50 miles away from Mournhold, however we've never been given any indication that a mile in Tamriel is measured the same as in real life. I think people have extrapolated realistic size estimates ranging from the area of Algeria all the way up to slightly larger than North America