Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the procedure to becoming a Werewolf?

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
Hi Guys, the question is in the title.

I've seen many people asking or begging for werewolf and or vampire bites. Surely there is an easier and less degrading way to go about this. How did the first guy get to be either?
Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on September 14, 2018 3:43PM
High Elf, NecroVamp
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've seen many people asking or begging for werewolf and or vampire bites. Surely there is an easier and less degrading way to go about this. How did the first guy get to be either?

Find the werewolf spawns in the last zone of the factions and get bitten. If you can find them; they are out only at certain times. And sometimes players still kill them so no one can be bitten "in the wild", although this isn't as common as it once was.

Much easier to ask someone, really.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or buy a bite from the crown store.

I didn't beg, I just flat out offered to pay 5k for a vamp bite and got it done in about 5 minutes, no fuss.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Find the werewolf spawns in the last zone of the factions and get bitten. If you can find them; they are out only at certain times. And sometimes players still kill them so no one can be bitten "in the wild", although this isn't as common as it once was.

Much easier to ask someone, really.

Yeah.. during bloodmoon. I never bought or had anyone bite me for either a werewolf or vamp. I'll be rolling around and when those groups of 3 werewolves or bloodfiends are out, I just attack them if I wanted the virus. Well, with this, you will then need to find a NPC rep of the wolf or vamp in or around a capital city and start the quest. Sure, it's a bit more time consuming, but more less hassle or bullsmack than having to find someone willing to bite for free or even paying for a bite. Hey, to each their own.. though
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx for the info guys.

I guess I'll just have to get out there and mooch around and if no luck there, it'll be off to the store. Although I've never actually seen any bites for sale in there?
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The skill lines for vampire and werewolf are for sale in the store. I think it was provided as a last resort because of the extortionists killing the spawns and charging outrageous amounts for a bite.

I'm not sure about on console, but there are people and guilds who go to the shrine to give out bites.

If someone asks in zone for a bite, I usually answer. I usually have a bite ready on one or another character; only three new alts aren't ww yet, so I usually have at least 12 around.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a guide. Click on each of the headers to see all the info.

http://deltiasgaming.com/2014/09/01/eso-werewolf-guide/

And another guide. Both are good references.

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-werewolf-eso/

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 15, 2018 7:11PM
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, don't pay for bites. There are plenty of folks willing to give one for free.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    A thought has just come to mind, it's by way of a question (in passing). I don't think I would want to be in this situation, unless of course there were mega benefits.

However, is it possible to be both a Werewolf and a Vampire at the same time? Or perhaps have the ability to turn to one or the other if the need were to arise?

High Elf, NecroVamp
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, one or the other.

If you're a werewolf, you can't catch vampire cooties. If you're a vampire, you're immune to sanies lupinies, aka werewolf cooties.

If you buy the skill line for one in the crown store, the other one is greyed out/unavailable.

I'm not sure whether not respeccing to get back points before you cure your character would keep the skills "on hold", if you should decide to become one or the other again.
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    No, one or the other.

I'm not sure whether not respeccing to get back points before you cure your character would keep the skills "on hold", if you should decide to become one or the other again.

You keep the earned skills & passives, you will just have to re-apply skill points to them once you have changed.

At one time it was advisable to de-spec all skills before you get cured to make sure all invested skill points are returned. This has supposed to be fixed in recent updates & patches but i have not tested this.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ask for a bite on zone text chat or on your guild chat. You can also wait by Hircine's shrine, players with available bites always pass by the shrine. Don't ever pay for bites, there are loads of good people who will bite for free. I got biten for free and I bite, and will always do it, for free.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 18, 2018 10:05AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    just ask in zone chat in a few zones for a bite. Someone will bite you for free. Guilds help their own too. So join a guild or 2
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking that either you are all Werewolves or have been?

Have any of you been or would you consider being a Vampire?

How do they compare?
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Out of 15 characters on one account, 12 are currently werewolves, the others will be.

Werewolf used to be a lot stronger for stamina based characters, but that got changed. I still like it; the only drawback is weakness to poison when you're transformed. [and the stress relief of turning enemies into hamburger with claws, as well as the possible "oh crap" response of someone when you transform in a duel situation are fun]

While my magicka sorcerers might benefit from being a vampire, I don't like the changes to appearance and the weakness to fire. Yes, there are ways to build around the problem. I don't like to be restricted to the fotm/bis stuff when I'm making a character I want to play for fun.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi JKorr

You might be the guy to answer the following question. I've just started a new build Sorcerer. I've been checking out Best New (2018) Sorc Builds on YouTube.

The one skill they all seem to use is Bound Aegis (armour), because, as they say..."You just click it on and it stays on all the time". This sounded great to me until, as of a couple of weeks ago ZOS in their weird wisdom, decided to change its attributes. The main change is that now when you click on it, it only lasts for 3 seconds!

So my question is what option is there that can I use instead. I've been looking, but as yet I haven't been able to find anything suitable?

Were you using it and if so, what have you changed to?

Edited by mikeb16_ESO41 on September 20, 2018 8:11AM
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the best person to ask; I focus on pve. I don't recall ever taking that skill. Someone with a pvp build might have a better idea about the changes. I think @Nestor might have ideas. From the sound of it the active armor might last only 3 seconds, but the benefits of the boosts stay as long as you have it slotted? http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bound_Aegis
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, i have not slotted Bound Aegis in years. I use Inner Light instead for the critical boost. However i am also not one that swaps bars to eek the last iota of dps. In those cases cast a spell while under the magic boost of aegis can give you a bit more dps. Me, i am either aoe or single target on.my bars.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"