The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Giant Playable Chessboard at Coldharbour Surreal Estate - House Transforms with EHT Triggers!

sozo108
sozo108
✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/CFncVUU1maU

This video is a tour of my custom-built playable chessboard house in ESO at the Coldharbour Surreal Estate.

I used the Essential Housing Tools addon by @R_K to not only help me build the house, but to also transform it! At 05:58 I use a custom EHT switch trigger to play a scene that moves about 400 furnishings far below the floor and sets up the board into a playable "Game" mode. Then 2 people with decorator privileges can play each other in a game of chess! When they're done, they just need to flip the switch back on to reset the house to its original "Decorated" mode (07:02).

At 08:19 I use a memento trigger to open a secret door to my personal utility area where I keep my storage, crafting stations, and target dummy. You can see a glimpse of the original Coldharbour house (a blank canvas floating island) here, and then I close the secret door with an emote trigger at 09:40.

Finally I show you an aerial view of the house using @R_K 's Magic Carpet addon at 10:00.

This is my first complete house I've designed, and building it was an absolute blast! I would have loved to add a viewing deck on each side to give players a top down view to watch from when planning their moves, as well as more decorations on the walls and floor tiles. However I hit the 700/700 item cap early and struggled with having to remove items to make room for more important furnishings. I hope we get more furnishing slots soon! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

If you want to tour the house yourself on PC NA using the Port to Friend addon, my username is @sozo108. Please note that the triggers only work while I'm at the house though.

Thanks to my amazing PC NA housing guild, ESO Grand Designs, for all their awesome design inspirations and attending my Game Night house party where we had a live chess competition. :smiley: Also thanks to the incredible @R_K for the limitless Essential Housing Tools addon! If you haven't tried it yet, check it out: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html
Edited by sozo108 on September 14, 2018 12:18PM
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!! I look forward to visiting!
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a brilliant idea and very good execution of it! I’d love to see it in person.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place where the Wedding gazebo can stomp you down and then return to its place as if nothing happened. Accident on the board, they call it.
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some pictures of the house to go with the video:

Z8ROpS2.png

32KFElN.jpg

VHY9lak.jpg

0iOWDGd.jpg

xJeJ6o5.jpg

IeQR8PF.jpg

2YrPh7u.jpg

LvjRc5M.jpg

44VCsq7.jpg

6eN6PTd.jpg

MCg79Jr.jpg

cS9HmoB.jpg

3uMh60b.jpg

IeSg18b.jpg

PQKX0e0.jpg

74GsVrv.jpg

bAjeTei.jpg

VdiAmib.jpg

WUskypS.jpg

4wGVPf7.jpg

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a terrific and original idea, and it looks great :)

I'm constantly amazed by the stuff our house people come up with. For many of us it's no longer enough to simply decorate a pre-made home, the real buzz lies in building one's own gaff....and the themes just blow my mind!

Super :)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beautiful <3
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey @sozo108,

That's some impressive work! Keep it up!
    Staff Post
  • gwilcken
    gwilcken
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome job Sozo! I am fortunate to have had the experience of watching this magnificent work come to fruition and can honestly say it is a spectacular sight to see. Everything from the attention to detail in statue placement, the lore correct decorations adorning each stature, to the awesome scope and size of the playfield is a sight to behold. The icing on the cake is the fantastic animations you have included to take this project to the Nth level. If you have not already visited this amazing residence, you should make time to observe first hand what is possible with a lot of determination, hard work, and creative inspiration. Job well done and thanks for sharing your hard work.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon knights.

Dragon knights.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the coolest thing housing has produced thus far. Nice work!
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a R/L chess coach, I approve of this creation! :)

It's really well put together, and pretty too! The lighting is spectacular.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful chess board, and a taste of what Essential Housing Tools can do!
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Edward @gwilcken @Aurelle1 @Drakkdjinn Thanks so much! :smiley:

@NolaArch @Delphinia Thanks, just reach out to me in game (@sozo108) and I can give you a tour.

@NoTimeToWait lol I'll have to do periodic sweeps of the place to check for any "crushing" incidents.

@Elara_Northwind Thanks, I absolutely LOVE your Hansel and Gretel house. I love how these newer blank slate houses can be used to make such totally different creations.

@Jaraal That wasn't intentional, and I didn't even realize I was doing that. Dragonknights...dragon knights...I love it! :joy:

@Sharalei That's awesome, feel free to use my house for chess lessons lol. The lighting was almost entirely Varla and Culanda stones. Almost every statue has those lights embedded inside them or attached to them (Hircine's spear head, the emperor's staff, etc.). Those 2 luxury furnishings give sooo much light.

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sozo108
    So I need to say - and I really mean this... this house demonstrates basically everything that you can do with Essential Housing Tools - from animation scenes, to triggers, to literally flipping the entire chess board from a Decor mode to a ready-to-play mode in literally seconds (and at the flip of a switch). But what really makes it is the incredibly creative design that lies at its core. An epic theme and flawless execution.

A+ imho <3

If you can schedule with Sozo to come see it live, with all of its interactivity - please, do. You will not regret it.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and one more time, I really need to implement a badging system for Essential Housing Tools "Pros".

/proud
    /sosoproud ;)
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K You're the absolute best, thanks for everything. Means a lot :smiley:
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impressive. I love to know the total cost (in time, gold, crowns, and mats), but I'm certain it would make me shudder.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive. I love to know the total cost (in time, gold, crowns, and mats), but I'm certain it would make me shudder.

I didn't keep track of the costs; it was definitely several million gold though. I crafted what I could but the luxury furnishings hurt my bank the most. For example the white bishop squares cost 500k each. Fortunately I have a couple great friends that helped donate gold to cover some of the costs for me (thanks Rolled_Taquito and Ryu-Shi :smile:).
    Edited by sozo108 on September 14, 2018 2:46PM